Oh dear, Obama's car, nicknamed 'the beast', gets stuck in Dublin

DoctorWatsOn

This has got to be one of the funniest things I've seen recently....

Barack Obama's cavalcade car caused some drama when it got stuck emerging from the gates of the US embassy in Dublin.

The low bottom of the car, nicknamed 'the beast' because of its bomb-proof features, seemed to catch on a ramp crossing over the gateway.

It is not clear if Mr Obama was in the car involved as security officials blocked the view of the incident.

The US President and First Lady then left by another exit.

BBC video report HERE.

I don't think the Queen had any problems like that last week in Ireland, makes me proud to be British! :D

It is because of the double gradient meeting at one point next to the gate combined with the factors of having a secure vehicle (it's weight) at the length it was which proportionally failed when the cars ground clearance was changed by the lower points of elevation at the tires because of their distance apart from each other which caused the peak of the ramp to be at a superimposed height in relation to the ground level at the tires which again was amplified by the distance between them. This was poor planning. Who ever was responsible for planning and deploying the motorcade routes is responsible. The driver should have questioned the orientation of the exit as well.

It is because of the double gradient meeting at one point next to the gate combined with the factors of having a secure vehicle (it's weight) at the length it was which proportionally failed when the cars ground clearance was changed by the lower points of elevation at the tires because of their distance apart from each other which caused the peak of the ramp to be at a superimposed height in relation to the ground level at the tires which again was amplified by the distance between them. This was poor planning. Who ever was responsible for planning and deploying the motorcade routes is responsible. The driver should have questioned the orientation of the exit as well.
All good points. Probably the Secret Services fault though. A "dry run" would have given away the route, and the driver probably can't deviate from the planned route except in emergency.

All good points. Probably the Secret Services fault though. A "dry run" would have given away the route, and the driver probably can't deviate from the planned route except in emergency.
Very very true...he should have still made his concerns known seeing that he is the driver for a car with a first name and who would know the cars limitations under human control better than him. :-)

Secret service reviews the route for safety and usually designates a specific route for when they are at home...abroad I'm sure it depends what country they are in as to who has say in what would be the safest route.... but yeah they should have for sure ran that through once at least. It is not a big deal...more of an embarrassment in general.

Summed up in three words....

A cock up.

Or in this case couldn't even deviate if there was an emergency, on the basis they were somewhat 'high & dry'. :D

1306161641624_ORIGINAL.jpg

Obama is 3% Irish.
I think if Obama didn't want people *****ing about his heritage, he should have made this trip to Ireland sooner :)
He looks good with the dark pint (product placement bottom left, mayor's left hand).

Wait! how is that correct. Just because he has not proven it does not make it true or untrue. On this issue I don't know what is true but I found this interesting. Don't know if it is true or not either.

http://theforeigner.no/pages/news/norwegians-fatter-than-americans/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/2157503/Australians-fatter-than-Americans-study.html

I honestly think they run those "studies" to scare us off our lazy bums tbh.. I don't know how true they are or not.

Top Bottom