1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh dear, Obama's car, nicknamed 'the beast', gets stuck in Dublin

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DoctorWatsOn, May 23, 2011.

1. DoctorWatsOn

DoctorWatsOn Well-Known Member

This has got to be one of the funniest things I've seen recently....

BBC video report HERE.

I don't think the Queen had any problems like that last week in Ireland, makes me proud to be British! :D

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

Just goes to prove Americans are becoming obese.

Slavik likes this.
  3. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Looks more like the supports on the front of the car gave out rather than it getting caught on the ramp. :confused:

4. Fufu

Fufu Well-Known Member

LMFAO!

5. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

It is because of the double gradient meeting at one point next to the gate combined with the factors of having a secure vehicle (it's weight) at the length it was which proportionally failed when the cars ground clearance was changed by the lower points of elevation at the tires because of their distance apart from each other which caused the peak of the ramp to be at a superimposed height in relation to the ground level at the tires which again was amplified by the distance between them. This was poor planning. Who ever was responsible for planning and deploying the motorcade routes is responsible. The driver should have questioned the orientation of the exit as well.

6. grant sarver

grant sarver Well-Known Member

All good points. Probably the Secret Services fault though. A "dry run" would have given away the route, and the driver probably can't deviate from the planned route except in emergency.

7. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Very very true...he should have still made his concerns known seeing that he is the driver for a car with a first name and who would know the cars limitations under human control better than him. :)

Secret service reviews the route for safety and usually designates a specific route for when they are at home...abroad I'm sure it depends what country they are in as to who has say in what would be the safest route.... but yeah they should have for sure ran that through once at least. It is not a big deal...more of an embarrassment in general.

8. DoctorWatsOn

Summed up in three words....

A cock up.

9. DoctorWatsOn

Or in this case couldn't even deviate if there was an emergency, on the basis they were somewhat 'high & dry'. :D

Kim likes this.
  10. User

User Well-Known Member

The Beast needs hydraulics to be able to clear obstacles if necessary.

edit: link fixed

11. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

Well that didn't take long. Didn't even make it past 2 posts for an anti-American post.

Mikey likes this.
  12. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

Um.. considering that I am American, I do not see how that was an anti-American post. I think you're reading into it way too much.

13. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

By an American no less.

14. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Obama is 3% Irish.
    I think if Obama didn't want people *****ing about his heritage, he should have made this trip to Ireland sooner :)
    He looks good with the dark pint (product placement bottom left, mayor's left hand).

a legacy reborn likes this.
  15. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

Actually the UK has a higher rate of obesity than the US.

16. a legacy reborn

a legacy reborn Well-Known Member

Proof or it didn't happen.

17. grant sarver

grant sarver Well-Known Member

Well, he is O'bama, right?

SchmitzIT likes this.
  18. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

19. John

John Well-Known Member

Maybe his plane will crap out then the Irish can keep him :D

Peggy likes this.
  20. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

I honestly think they run those "studies" to scare us off our lazy bums tbh.. I don't know how true they are or not.

jonsidneyb likes this.