1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official, working vB4 importer.

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Carlos, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I am ready to import a vB4 database into xenforo.

I would like KMA to create an importer for vB4, please.

Peggy and Brett Peters like this.
  2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

3. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I dunno? I had a feeling that plugins don't natively import to xenforo....?

I guess I have a habit of thinking official importers are better than plugins/hacks/mods.

4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

There have been many successful conversions from vB4 to xF.
    You should run the importer and see how it goes.

Alien likes this.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The vB4 importer is based on the official vB3 importer so it does pretty much the same job.

6. OperaManiac

OperaManiac Well-Known Member

righto. i wish for an official converter too. in fact, i wish xenforo provides a conversion service for a fee. i am still waiting for a good time to migrate my vb4 forum to xenforo. the license is lying unused right now. just want a good solid conversion that i can trust.

7. Fufu

Fufu Well-Known Member

I may be wrong, but I do not think it would be in the best interest of xenForo to make a vBullletin 4 importer until this Internet Brands lawsuit blows over.
    Paul M has written a very good importer and is a trusted moder on vBulletin and xenForo.
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vbulletin-4-importer.5726/

Although, you may wait if you wish.

8. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

My vb4 import went flawless using the importer that's in the addons here. As always backup your stuff and run a test first, but mine and many others went very well.

Alien likes this.
  9. Ranger375

Ranger375 Well-Known Member

I used it for the vb4 import and it worked flawlessly.

10. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

I did the import from vB4 during the first couple of XF betas with no issues whatsoever.

11. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

I had a wonderful experience with Paul's importer.

I may take it out for some dancing in Vegas... ;)

Peggy likes this.
  12. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

That'd be Paul's mod. I ran succesful tests on my main forum, and fully intend of using it when we go live. It's as reliable as it gets. There's also an add-on to convert the "post thanks" into likes, which bolts onto Paul's solution.