Octane (6 colors now!) - ThemesCorp.com [Deleted]

Forsaken

Forsaken submitted a new resource:

Octane (version 1.0.0) - Darker than Ozzy Osbourne's imagination.

The Style: Octane

Octane is a dark style that emphasizes darker headings with lighter content with contrast coming from key elements. Easy to customize due to style specific gradients with their own individual style property, easy to change color palette, and options included in the Xenique Style Framework.

Fluid Demo
Fixed Demo

The...

Read more about this resource...

I like the drop nav buttons but am having a hard time reading orange and red text.
Probably just my tired eyes.

I do like darker styles but have found two of my sites prefer default skins.
Disheartening after spending time creating new styles.

Not sure whether this is by design but i noticed when you click through the main tabs they kind sharply jump horizontally shift sideways after you clicked them or click onto the text tab.

Not sure whether this is by design but i noticed when you click through the main tabs they kind sharply jump horizontally shift sideways after you clicked them or click onto the text tab.
Now that you mention that it looks like the font gets slightly larger.

Not able to reproduce this... What browser are you using?

I like the drop nav buttons but am having a hard time reading orange and red text.
Probably just my tired eyes.

I do like darker styles but have found two of my sites prefer default skins.
Disheartening after spending time creating new styles.
The orange is customizable by changing two color palettes in the style properties, so you can pretty much change it to any color.

I'm also going to do a white version of this style today.

It might be the Flash of Unstyled Text issue, which is an issue with Firefox and the way they render web typography.

I like it, looks real nice. I am not sure if this is intentional but I noticed the menu background kinda blends in with the background a bit too much, I have a hard time distinguishing it, and that is on a good screen. I can take a look at work on a crappier screen tomorrow, but my guess I won't be able to see the background at all there. I also see you are hiding the menu header with a display none, but I guess that is very intentional for people wanting to activate it.

I also noticed the text shadow on the buttons make the text a bit blurry, as well as the .buttonProxy:active .button rule adds a white border bottom.

Not too crazy about the orange, but I really like the style, one of the better ones I have seen :D

I like it, looks real nice. I am not sure if this is intentional but I noticed the menu background kinda blends in with the background a bit too much, I have a hard time distinguishing it, and that is on a good screen. I can take a look at work on a crappier screen tomorrow, but my guess I won't be able to see the background at all there. I also see you are hiding the menu header with a display none, but I guess that is very intentional for people wanting to activate it.

I also noticed the text shadow on the buttons make the text a bit blurry, as well as the .buttonProxy:active .button rule adds a white border bottom.

Not too crazy about the orange, but I really like the style, one of the better ones I have seen :D
Keeping it within the same color palette is difficult because in one area you have a muted gray, and than there is a darker gradient (The tablinks).

I usually remove the headers because they serve very little purpose, and are only useful for the User Tabs up top.

I issued a few fixes shortly after releasing this style that fix the text-shadow issue, (Need to do the button proxy one as well), as well as re-did the color palettes to hopefully make it more compatible with add-ons that don't follow XenForo style conventions.

As I mentioned somewhere above, to change the orange all you do is change two colors and it'll change it for every usage in the design. I'm planning on a light one, just need to work out the time to do it while I work on a new site launch.

Keeping it within the same color palette is difficult because in one area you have a muted gray, and than there is a darker gradient (The tablinks).

I usually remove the headers because they serve very little purpose, and are only useful for the User Tabs up top.

I issued a few fixes shortly after releasing this style that fix the text-shadow issue, (Need to do the button proxy one as well), as well as re-did the color palettes to hopefully make it more compatible with add-ons that don't follow XenForo style conventions.

As I mentioned somewhere above, to change the orange all you do is change two colors and it'll change it for every usage in the design. I'm planning on a light one, just need to work out the time to do it while I work on a new site launch.
I actually like how you did the drop downs, I was more making a notice about how you hid the headings, though I figure it is there so it is easy to display them for those who want. I just checked the drop downs at my work station, and since I am closer to the screen it is actually easier to see it (at home I use my TV as PC monitor, so I sit some distance from it).

I actually like how you did the drop downs, I was more making a notice about how you hid the headings, though I figure it is there so it is easy to display them for those who want. I just checked the drop downs at my work station, and since I am closer to the screen it is actually easier to see it (at home I use my TV as PC monitor, so I sit some distance from it).
Those dropdowns, and the one I use for Imperial are my go-to because I dislike the default dropdowns.

Actually, I want the default. It is perfect for what I am wanting. Love the way you flipped the normal bar on the bottom of a post to the top. So far, really liking it.

Actually, I want the default. It is perfect for what I am wanting. Love the way you flipped the normal bar on the bottom of a post to the top. So far, really liking it.
I might change the meta to be split, on the top and the bottom, so that you get your reply and like controls on the bottom, but the mod controls up top.

I just visited stewartchamps site and saw this theme there. I'm on an iphone. The collapsible stuff is confusing and not everything shows after I hit the button to expand it.

Top Bottom