Number of Posts to Send Personal Conversations [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi borbole,

I have downloaded this, but I am not sure how to upload this to the libarary-folder, as there are two folders without a "main folder".
For the 2 folders in the .zip-file, one is named "ControllerPublic" and the other one is named "EventListener".

There is no "library folder" or "main folder" in your .zip-file.

Can I just create a top-folder with any name and then put this 2 mentioned folders into it?

Many thanks!

Hi borbole,

I have downloaded this, but I am not sure how to upload this to the libarary-folder, as there are two folders without a "main folder".
For the 2 folders in the .zip-file, one is named "ControllerPublic" and the other one is named "EventListener".

There is no "library folder" or "main folder" in your .zip-file.

Can I just create a top-folder with any name and then put this 2 mentioned folders into it?

Many thanks!

I hadn''t packaged it properly, my apologies. Try the new package attached in this post.

Attachments

Yes, or can the user initiate a PC to admin prior to posting specified number of posts. That would be an important feature for me (essentially ability to exclude a usergroup or individual- in my case, I would only care about this for Admin, but if the solution involves wider exceptions, that is fine, too).

Can you update the resource instead of adding new versions to the discussion thread?

Yes, of course. Forgot all about it. The resource is now updated with the new package.

Will the person be able to still contact Administrator via PC?

Not until they reach the minimum of the post count to send pc. I also do not plan to expand my free mods but you are free to edit it to suit your needs.

Yes, of course. Forgot all about it. The resource is now updated with the new package.

Not until they reach the minimum of the post count to send pc. I also do not plan to expand my free mods but you are free to edit it to suit your needs.

So if Admin sends a PC to a user with say less than 5 posts, then this user will not be able to reply?

Then use the built in functionality.

The default permission is Start personal conversations

Set that to Not Set (No) for anyone with less than 5 posts and use user group promotion to Allow it after 5 posts.

I certainly hope that usergroup promotion isn't the answer to every new permission a site wants their users to have.
What about a user promotion where they can be either granted or earn certain new abilities ?

Well this discussion isn't for this thread, but it sounds as if you don't understand how permissions work or how to grant additional permissions in addition to those set in the Registered user group.

Feel free to start a thread in the support forum if you need more help with them.

Not sure if I understand what Brogan was getting at (i.e, I don't get the solution). But, let me throw out there what I see as the problem. I see this as more of an anti-spam device. If the poster has not taken the time to post x number of posts, but is trying to go and start PC with a bunch of people (or even a few or one) they may be more likely to be spamming. But, as admin, I may have a new user who doesn't understand something or needs a question answered directly by me. Seems like as set up, I will be faced with the choice of not having these folks be able to communicate with me (meaning lost opportunity), or may end up with a plethora of very short, garbage posts by these users who only really want to communicate with me in the first place. So, I end up with forums cluttered with BS non-useful posts.

I appreciate the effort that went into coding and releasing this product. Just think that it is unusable for me without admins being excluded (and, though, in my world, the sun rotates around me, I would guess that there may be others who feel the same). Maybe something to consider adding in the future, if the developer is interested in spending time on it.

I want to make sure I am getting the point across that I am not complaining or trying to seem like I am looking a gift horse in the mouth. borbole was good enough to release this, so I appreciate that and want to be clear that I am not criticizing something he spent time on and released and looks very interesting. I am just trying to offer some (hopefully) constructive/helpful comments.

If I (the admin) send a message to a new user with 2 posts ... I would want them to be able to respond to my message.

To fix something it means that that something is broken, not working properly and that does not appear to be the case here. What you want is adding of a new functionality. Personally I do not have use for that functionality that you are asking for so I won''t be updating the mod. Nor do I have free time to spend it on a free mod. But as I said in my earlier post above, you are free to edit the mod to suit your needs.

Not sure if I understand what Brogan was getting at (i.e, I don't get the solution). But, let me throw out there what I see as the problem. I see this as more of an anti-spam device. If the poster has not taken the time to post x number of posts, but is trying to go and start PC with a bunch of people (or even a few or one) they may be more likely to be spamming. But, as admin, I may have a new user who doesn't understand something or needs a question answered directly by me. Seems like as set up, I will be faced with the choice of not having these folks be able to communicate with me (meaning lost opportunity), or may end up with a plethora of very short, garbage posts by these users who only really want to communicate with me in the first place. So, I end up with forums cluttered with BS non-useful posts.

I appreciate the effort that went into coding and releasing this product. Just think that it is unusable for me without admins being excluded (and, though, in my world, the sun rotates around me, I would guess that there may be others who feel the same). Maybe something to consider adding in the future, if the developer is interested in spending time on it.

I want to make sure I am getting the point across that I am not complaining or trying to seem like I am looking a gift horse in the mouth. borbole was good enough to release this, so I appreciate that and want to be clear that I am not criticizing something he spent time on and released and looks very interesting. I am just trying to offer some (hopefully) constructive/helpful comments.

I am also not quite sure yet of how to implement this as per Brogan's suggestion, but here is some further instruction of how to deal with permissions....
Please let me know if anyone has an easy step-by-step guide of how to set this up properly.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/understanding-permissions.5830/page-6#post-323084

To fix something it means that that something is broken, not working properly and that does not appear to be the case here. What you want is adding of a new functionality. Personally I do not have use for that functionality that you are asking for so I won''t be updating the mod. Nor do I have free time to spend it on a free mod. But as I said in my earlier post above, you are free to edit the mod to suit your needs.

As said before (on our PC), i would pay for your work if you would add that feature for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom