[Nudaii] Thread Starter Markup [Deleted]

Nudaii

Nudaii submitted a new resource:

[Nudaii] Thread Starter Markup - Highlight replies by the thread starter

This addon allows you to set a differant css class/markup for thread starters replies so they appear differently in the thread_view, it also sets a ribbon on the message_user_info for "Thread Starter".

however we have added in a per node overide option so you can set a differnt "thread starter" text in some forums.

Example

Seller - in classifieds forum
Sponsor - in a sponsored section
Writer - in a poetry section etc
Addon creator
Game master the list goes on and on!

It uses style...

Read more about this resource...

Where would I find this? and how do you edit it?

RE: we have added in a per node override option so you can set a different "thread starter" text in some forums.

Howdy its in the node manager, aka same place you would edit the name/description of a forum/node :)

Ok so your talking about this
give an example of what you would add in the box? and what will it change?
Thanks

upload_2017-3-6_5-53-44.webp

Well see my pictures in the resource?

I placed "Addon Creator" in there for one node (my releases node for new addons) and it replaces text in the ribbon from Thread Starter to "Addon Creator" in that node :)

default.webp
And with Addon Creator in that overide box.
nodename.webp

Oh OK I got it.

upload_2017-3-6_6-4-22.webp

That is in addition to changing it globally here.

Cool, nicely done :-)

upload_2017-3-6_6-1-56.webp

Is there a way to change the color of the blue highlighted background ?

Thanks Again
Sam

Yeah go to

Appeance > style properties > [Nudaii] Thread Starter Markup

There properties there for both the post background and the banner :)

@Nudaii Please can you add Option to select from different locations in the postbit to show the Thread Starter Text? Show text in button bar" will place the highlighted Thread Starter text in the button bar at the bottom of the post. Show icon in message area" will place the Thread Starter icon at the top right of the message area. Show text in message area" will place the highlighted Thread Starter text at the top center of the message area.

Example One:

be166a4a2ad042aab9e73288cfd283f7.png

Do you think that can be possible to have in, for example, a classified forum node the thread starter phrase based on prefixes?

You cannot see any links with the background highlighted in blue. How can you make the links show up?

Thanks

You cannot see any links with the background highlighted in blue. How can you make the links show up?

Thanks
howdy your two options is either change the link colour, or change which colour the highlighted background is for thread starters, it seems on your board that you use the same colour for both :)

@Nudaii Please can you add Option to select from different locations in the postbit to show the Thread Starter Text? Show text in button bar" will place the highlighted Thread Starter text in the button bar at the bottom of the post. Show icon in message area" will place the Thread Starter icon at the top right of the message area. Show text in message area" will place the highlighted Thread Starter text at the top center of the message area.

Example One:

be166a4a2ad042aab9e73288cfd283f7.png

Do you think that can be possible to have in, for example, a classified forum node the thread starter phrase based on prefixes?

Like both these ideas, its a busy week but next week i may try and look into it if i got free time

howdy your two options is either change the link colour, or change which colour the highlighted background is for thread starters, it seems on your board that you use the same colour for both :)
for now I changed the text to black and the linked text is light blue by default. How do you change the linked text color?

Thanks

upload_2017-3-7_2-43-2.webp

none of them :) its controled by your themes link colour, which unless edited by theme is
Style Properties: General > Link

howdy thats controlled by the style properties for messages i believe :) you would be looking to boost the margin on the bottom of the message div

Top Bottom