XF 2.2 Notification problem

MediaFolSupport

Hello, we are on Xen 2.2.10, with a very big forum and 65gb of database. Many users are notice a strange behaviour with notification system.
  • For ecample, One user has disabled ALL type of e-mail notification (i check it via ACP and he has really disabled all) but after 12 hours he continue to receive e-mail notification from the update of the forum's discussion.
  • More user have reported notification issue (the top red alert with number inside) on PC or Android, the notification system function for a few time then stop to notify any update from discussion they'r following. (all we KNOW that the notification from discussione come 1 time and then you have to see the content befor the system start to notify you again, and this is not the case)

any others get these strange behaviour? is maybe a known issue?

For ecample, One user has disabled ALL type of e-mail notification (i check it via ACP and he has really disabled all) but after 12 hours he continue to receive e-mail notification from the update of the forum's discussion.
Has that member also stopped watching all content?

The profile preferences do not affect that.

We haven't had any other reports of notifications not working even on very large sites.
Are you able to reproduce it consistently?

Then he must unwatch everything a rewatch it but disable the email notifications:

View attachment 279258
....ok....but... this thing is nonsense... why he have to do this thing if he already has removed the e-mail sending preference via profile preferences?
this clearly mean that something in xenforo core not working properly with preferences editor.

if he have to unwatch all discussions that he's watching, you know, is not a funny thing to do.

Last edited:
Watched emails are different to the emails generated by system events. They have been opted in too separately and have to be disabled separately. ‘Unwatch all’ button will help.

Last edited:
but here i read that this goes well by the preferences switch:

Top Bottom