• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Notice codes

I was wondering how can i get a box like this dark blue one behind my links
This code is all i could find
Code:
<p class="supportx">
Good at graphics? Enter our Christmas logo contest and win some awesome prizes! <a href="http://www.adminforums.org/posts/199740/" class="supporttb"><font color="white">Find out more</font></a>
</p>
noticebox.png

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Make sure those class definitions are part of your style:

supportx
supporttb

You can put your CSS into this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> EXTRA.css

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Try editing / saving your notice as steel_curtain suggests. Also try it on a default style. If it still doesn't show then you must not meet the criteria set in the notice.

they are working now :/ bit bizarre thankyou so much for the help fellas :)

EDIT: i added those two lines
supportx
supporttb
do i just put it in like that or syntaxed sorry im a noob with this one

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Those are the class names. You need to enter the definitions for those classes into EXTRA.css. A CSS definition will look something like this:

Code:
.supportx
{
	background: blue;
}
You need to find your definitions for those classes and enter them into EXTRA.css.

If the desired "dark blue" style is already present on a web page somewhere then I can find the definition if you post the URL to that page.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Here are the class definitions from their style sheet:

Code:
.supportx {
    background: url("http://k.minus.com/jbxuhzd9LJPwxW.png") repeat-x scroll 0 0 #293E6B;
    border: 1px solid #233459;
    border-radius: 3px 3px 3px 3px; -webkit-border-radius: 3px 3px 3px 3px; -moz-border-radius: 3px 3px 3px 3px; -khtml-border-radius: 3px 3px 3px 3px;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    font-weight: bold;
    margin: 10px 0;
    padding: 8px;
    text-align: center;
position: relative;
text-shadow: 0 0 0 transparent, 0 -1px 0 #11192C;
}

.supporttb {
    background: url("styles/v3/xenforo/grsmall.png") repeat-x scroll 0 0 #12141C;
    border: 1px solid #233459;
    border-radius: 3px 3px 3px 3px; -webkit-border-radius: 3px 3px 3px 3px; -moz-border-radius: 3px 3px 3px 3px; -khtml-border-radius: 3px 3px 3px 3px;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    margin: 10px 0;
    padding: 2px;
    text-align: center;
padding-right: 5px;
padding-left: 5px;
margin-left: 10px;
}

.supporttb a{
text-underline: none;
color: #fff;
}
They are using background images that you will need to upload to your own server.

Shelley

Couldn't you just add the css into where your placing the html (in your notices area). Unless I'm missing something saves having to navigate to two locations.

Code:
<style type="text/css">
    <!--
Css goes in here.
-->
</style>

Html followed afterwards.

you place the .supportbb or what you want the value to be in EXTRA.css
then once doing the code
you add them
Code:
<p class="supportx">
Good at graphics? Enter our Christmas logo contest and win some awesome prizes! <a href="http://www.adminforums.org/posts/199740/" class="supporttb"><font color="white">Find out more</font></a>
</p>
So that it can identify the value if you go to my site you will know what i mean :)

Shelley

you place the .supportbb or what you want the value to be in EXTRA.css
then once doing the code
you add them
Code:
<p class="supportx">
</p>
So that it can identify the value if you go to my site you will know what i mean :)
Not sure if that was directed to me I wasn't asking for help but rather offering it. To consolidate your html and css code for notices in one area. ;)