XF 2.1 Not spam but…

OverHere

Dear All

We at our forum have an issue at hand which is not spam but the posts are all short, though sort of relevant, and seem to be posted by bots

Please see this link:

At this link all the messages are from India, all messages are posted by different I.D.’s and all messages are generally of the same length, and whilst not spam, are nonetheless useless messages which can not be helping out forum grow?

So what would this issue be? Are these posters bots? Human(s)?

If bots how can they kee registering all so easily when there are captchas etc in the way?

What to do?

From established XenForo-script using, established, experienced forum owners, we would appreciate analysis and depth on how to eradicate this issue which would pave the way forward for organic, genuine growth of our forum which is indeed growing…

Thank you in advance- and please do feel free to pm us.

That is what I call spam as they are building up a good reputation, maybe to get beyond initial post moderation. Then they will post links, edit old posts, start spam conversations, etc…

Identify and spam clean ASAP

That is what I call spam as they are building up a good reputation, maybe to get beyond initial post moderation. Then they will post links, edit old posts, start spam conversations, etc…

Identify and spam clean ASAP
But are these humans?

Some of them or he/she has been posing like this for over 1 year and yet not posted any spam or spam link?

But are these humans?

Some of them or he/she has been posing like this for over 1 year and yet not posted any spam or spam link?
Hard to say sometimes if you don't know all the workings of a spammer's mind. Thankfully I don't. I would think even if bots a human is controlling them, so maybe bots are released to targeted forums, and maybe later a human follows up.

You generally don't get any valid members from India, Pakistan, Philipines, etc. Our forum is over ran by these especially when they come with the private IP adress that cloudfare gives them.

You generally don't get any valid members from India, Pakistan, Philipines, etc. Our forum is over ran by these especially when they come with the private IP adress that cloudfare gives them.

What to do… we are worried about all this, because other than this lot our forum
Is absolutely on the path to growth…

Top Bottom