1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not count banned users?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by KenX, Aug 20, 2012.

1. KenX

KenX Member

Is there any way,in which when I ban a user.The member count would decrease?
    I mean if they are 84 users showing in the homepage and I ban a user 83 users should be showing in the homepage.Any way?
    And when I use spam cleaner to ban them and then I delete the user.Does there ban lift?

2. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

As far as i know XF does not count Banned members by default. Maybe you just need to wait for the cache to refresh?

3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

VonDoom is correct. The count will decrease when you ban some one. The count updates every 10 minutes. Just wait for it.

4. KenX

KenX Member

Yep it decreased.Thanks.

5. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Did the banned member remain in the members tab ?

6. KenX

KenX Member

Nope it didn't.

Digital Doctor likes this.
  7. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

Question: Is there any way of mass deleting banned users? They only create spammy pages on the site.

8. Jake Bunce

Not currently. It can't be done with a simple query because there are many joined tables involved.

9. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

Is it possible to remove the profile pages of these banned people? They leave links in their profiles and it's impossible to edit them manually. I know those links are nofollow; so won't affect; but I'm concerned about hosting a ton of low quality pages on my site.

10. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure profiles for banned users are off limit for all visitors, except admins and moderators. At least I am getting an error on my end if I try to access a banned profile as guest.

11. Jake Bunce

Correct. Perma-banned users cannot have their profiles viewed by anyone except those with this permission:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> [click a group] -> Bypass user privacy

TheBigK likes this.
  12. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Nope. And I like it. :) Takes out the spammers. :D