Norwegian Language Pack [Deleted]

One of my best friends is from Norway. How could they use this? My site stays in English right? They just select Norwegian in a drop-down menu?

That's correct :) "Norsk" will just be an extra option in the drop-down menu (as long as you import it as a sub-language under your main language or a totally separate one).

How can this version be upgraded to the newest one without to have to do the work over again?
Is it possible to find out what has been changed since v.1.1.2 ?

As far as I have read it is aprox 4500 lines that needs to be translated.
If 4-5 users here share this part it will be less than 1000 lines on each of us to translate.....
That is something that it should be possible to do.. But 4500 lines.. Well..
Anyone willing to contribute..?

I have started translating for 1.3.1, although I don't know the number of lines that needs translating at this moment. I'm doing the front-end first and foremost. Admin CP is of less importance.

That's really great Garamond :) I have read somewhere that You were not thinking of upgrading Your website,
due to add-on's that were not compatible with never versions, and in that way didn't need any new language pack right now.

I agree that the Admin CP is of less importance, and that will reduce the amount of work considerably.
Do You want anyone to take part in Your work? I was hoping to maybe create a group that could be responsible
for upgrading the Norwegian language packs. In that way anyone could join, and anyone could drop out..

The language pack is a XML file...
Do You edit it directly in a text editor or how do You do it..?

Let me hear if You want others to take part in Your translation.. ?

Nordgard :)

I have started translating for 1.3.1, although I don't know the number of lines that needs translating at this moment. I'm doing the front-end first and foremost. Admin CP is of less importance.

Glad to hear this, I am looking forward for the update! :D

Also, I would like to add: I don't think it is important to translate the ACP at all, only what the user sees. Just my 2 cents =)

You have done a wonderful job!
Thank You very much!
tommy.jpg

Top Bottom