[Nobita] Image Optimizer for XF 1.5.x [Paid] 1.3.0

No permission to buy ($29.00)
I tried different times:
Between Optimizing (minutes): 10
Between Optimizing (minutes): 20
Between Optimizing (minutes): 30
I don´t see any improvement
nobita-iologs.webp

Maybe the addon isn´t suitable for big boards?

Add-on works very good, but server load is off the roof (arround 10 here)

Setting more time between runs does not help, also lower items per run does nothing. Disabling the add-on in the options also not, it just keeps going and going like a disabled goat.

So i think it does all images at once? Seems to because log date is al the same.

Still like the add-on, gone give even faster pageloads, but think this is not working as it should?

Yes, this addon torches your server on the first run while optimizing all existing attachments. After that, it runs smoothly, optimizing new attachments as they come with virtually no effect on server load.

Right now I'm using AndyB's ConvertImageAll addon to convert all hotlinked images from a photography forum with 4 million posts. This image optimizer addon is optimizing all of those images as they get converted, again with almost no impact on server load, because AndyB's addon is rate limiting. If there is nothing to hold back the rate of this addon, it is a real stress test for the server!

Finished an hour ago without a problem. Indeed a good stress test :p (for me also). Went from 40GB to 25GB

Server load is still higher as normal but within normal range. Normally the settings from the add-on should limit the processing?

Also strangest thing is that when i check disk space on cpanel it is again the same as before.. while before finishing it was 15GB lower.

Normally the settings from the add-on should limit the processing?

I think what the settings do is limit how often it runs, but each time it runs it does all remaining images regardless of how many there are to do, if that makes sense.

Not sure why you are seeing the same disk space on cPanel. I don't use cPanel. When checking disk space via SSH, I can see the disk space savings with this addon.

I think what the settings do is limit how often it runs, but each time it runs it does all remaining images regardless of how many there are to do, if that makes sense.

Not sure why you are seeing the same disk space on cPanel. I don't use cPanel. When checking disk space via SSH, I can see the disk space savings with this addon.

It makes some sense :p Now it is running every 15 minutes and working correct, but i have set it to 20 per run and it does 40.

Disk space on cPanel is correct now. Saved 18GB now on a total of 500.000 images.

Load is around 5, so will try lower settings.

It seems php-cgi is the cause now of the high server load. I had to disable php-fpm because exec and shell_exec is disabled when on for some reason.

Strange enough lower settings with the add-on take a higer load.

This is not a problem i think?

Code:
[Wed Jul 12 09:43:41.752018 2017] [:error] [pid 3127] [client 66.249.69.84:52254] gifsicle:/home/bodyforum/public_html/internal_data/temp/imgOptimze0uy4oh: warning: trailing garbage after GIF ignored, referer: https://forum.bodybuilding.nl/  members/max1991.84396/
[Wed Jul 12 05:43:02.045311 2017] [:error] [pid 17722] [client 83.81.173.215:65394] gifsicle:/home/bodyforum/public_html/internal_data/temp/imgOptimze19INTh: warning: trailing garbage after GIF ignored, referer: https://forum.bodybuilding.nl/

Last edited:
This is not a problem i think?

Code:
[Wed Jul 12 09:43:41.752018 2017] [:error] [pid 3127] [client 66.249.69.84:52254] gifsicle:/home/bodyforum/public_html/internal_data/temp/imgOptimze0uy4oh: warning: trailing garbage after GIF ignored, referer: https://forum.bodybuilding.nl/members/max1991.84396/
[Wed Jul 12 05:43:02.045311 2017] [:error] [pid 17722] [client 83.81.173.215:65394] gifsicle:/home/bodyforum/public_html/internal_data/temp/imgOptimze19INTh: warning: trailing garbage after GIF ignored, referer: https://forum.bodybuilding.nl/
Yes. It is just warning to you.

Hi,

What setup should I use for png files?

About the directory paths. I could just create folders and point to them right?

Thank you :)

I got it running. How does image proxy optimisation work? Does it download the external files then optimise on the server?

With security check in cpanel i got this notice: Detected processes that are running outdated binary executables.

No problem?

Edit: This was related to something else and fixed in cpanel update.

Last edited:
Top Bottom