1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie styling

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by doli, Jan 19, 2012.

1. doli

doli New Member

Hi all,
    I added post in resources forum, but decided to give a try and style my first forum by myself.
    I'm total styling noob, but want to learn a little bit, as I will have one or more forums to style as well.
    Hopefully this thread will work as some kind of tutorial for newbies.

Here's my homepage layout:

Here is my test site: http://dev.pececik.com/forum (login/pass = test/test)
    I changed all easy things (not a lot, logo + footer background + sidebar fonts).

1. Header:

First, and probably general question I have gradient all around header, and I'm not sure how does it work. I checked Xenforo css and it's done by line like this:
    background: #65a5d1 url('styles/default/xenforo/gradients/navigation-tab.png') repeat-x top;
    We have gray rectangle image and it's somehow combined with background color, where can I find how it's calculated? As I would like to get exactly the same dark blue gradient as on the picture above.
    2. How can I add banner to the header?
    3. How can I change text color ? I tried changing Navigation Tab text color in Style Properties to white but it doesn't work, ther are still light blue.

Matthew2D likes this.
  2. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

For a newbie, the style looks really good! :) I can't say I'm a expert as I am a newbie myself, but good job! The colors look great.
  3. doli

doli New Member

Well the grahpic wasn't done by newbie ;P newbie is going to code it :)
  4. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

How did you get the bottom footer that XenForo has?
  5. doli

doli New Member

It's only psd file, I just want to code it into xenforo style :)
  6. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

Could you give me the code? :D
  7. doli

doli New Member

It's not ready yet, that's why I started this thread. To find answers which could help me code this graphic into xf style. Now my test forum looks like this (http://dev.pececik.com/forum - user/pass: test/test) so long way before it's going to look like design.