1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New style: Omega

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by TrevC, Mar 16, 2011.

1. TrevC

TrevC Well-Known Member

Here's a quick screen-shot of a work-in-progress. I thought you guys might want to take a look:

I've extracted all styles from the DB, and serve the CSS as a (much smaller) single file. It's really trimmed down and fast. There's also some custom add-ons related to buying/selling being planned right now.

The is an (unofficial) community site for all Omega watch enthusiasts. The site will always remain ad-free. We're @omegaforums on twitter if you'd like to follow, or there's our mailing list if you'd like to be notified at launch and test out the forum live.

Any comments or criticisms are always welcome, but please keep in mind it's a WIP and still in a state of flux.

Thanks to all the devs for Xenforo. It's been excellent.

2. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Very nice from what I can see of the screenie. I look forward to seeing a live demo of this.
    NCERT Solutions likes this.
  3. TrevC

TrevC Well-Known Member

Thanks Peggy! It's not currently accesible from the internet. I'll take a larger screenshot perhaps.
    NCERT Solutions likes this.
  4. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

That's a very nice looking style there Trev, looking forward to see it :)
  5. TrevC

TrevC Well-Known Member

Here's the full page:
    save image.png
    gib likes this.
  6. TrevC

TrevC Well-Known Member

One of the gradients is aligned wrong at the moment, oops. Oh well. You guys get the idea. WIP :)

Thanks laztrix
  7. whitetrash

whitetrash Active Member

looks great.
  8. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

There are some dark themes out there but what they have in common is it's had to read any text and after a while it bothers. I don't know maybe because I'm not a big fan of dark styles but this looks nice. The search bar looks good up there, plenty of room for a banner for the left.
  9. TrevC

TrevC Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree re: most dark themes. Many people find them terrible for readability.

The goal was to maintain an elegant/exclusive appearance of light on dark, but utilise sliver/light-grey backgrounds and dark text for any lengthy content. Most content sections will be #000 text on #d2d2d2.
    laztrix likes this.
  10. ddmmh

ddmmh Well-Known Member

That looks really nice
  11. Veer

Veer Well-Known Member

Looks nice, thumbs up!
    When will this be available? :rolleyes:
  12. Veer

Veer Well-Known Member

13. TrevC

TrevC Well-Known Member

There's no immediate plans for release as a public theme/style.

It will likely be integrated with custom Xenforo add-ons, and tied in to other site sections. Perhaps I'll eventually create a generic version for sharing.
  14. Bram

Bram Well-Known Member

@TrevC Beautiful start! I am watching this thread :)
  15. PoLiZe

PoLiZe Well-Known Member

Sugestion: I dont like the breadcrumb on this theme

Your theme is GREAT :) I like it
  16. TrevC

TrevC Well-Known Member

Thanks Bram.

PoLiZe: Anything in particular you didn't like with the breadcrumb bar?
  17. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That being the case I have moved it out of resources and into off topic.
  18. TrevC

TrevC Well-Known Member

My apologies, I didn't notice any requirements for posting in the styles section.
  19. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

No problem.

Just to clarify, all of the forums in the resources category (http://xenforo.com/community/#xenforo-resources.26) are for resources which are available to other members.

If the style is for your own site only than it's not a resource.