New License – Beta version available?

Motobaka

Hi there,

I have been looking at your forum and I´m pretty amazed. We used to have a pretty robust forum but we lost it (long story) and now we would like to restart the forum experience at our site.

If I buy it now, would I be able to get the beta version?

I believe it’s 1.2.

Hi there,

I have been looking at your forum and I´m pretty amazed. We used to have a pretty robust forum but we lost it (long story) and now we would like to restart the forum experience at our site.

If I buy it now, would I be able to get the beta version?

I believe it’s 1.2.

Yes beta 1.2 would be available to you but it's strong advised you do not upgrade or convert your forum as it's still beta. :)

Ninja'd by @Russ

Thank you both for your quick answers.

We currently don’t have a forum, we are going to begin again from scratch, so I basically just want to play with it and probably style it before it is opened for the public.

I know it is very early, but do any of you know if there is a Spanish translation for this version?

We currently don’t have a forum, we are going to begin again from scratch, so I basically just want to play with it and probably style it before it is opened for the public.

I know it is very early, but do any of you know if there is a Spanish translation for this version?

Any translations would be found here:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/translations.31/

@lms is usually on top of things like this I know there's a Spanish translation for the latest stable XF version however don't believe he's gotten around to updating it to the latest beta version(as it was released today :D )

Lucky you. :) Then you have nothing to really worry about. Bare in mind there are a few add-ons that yet need to be made compatible with 1.2 but most of the issues are minor so i don't expect we'll be waiting for long for those. Anyhow, get purchasing and welcome to xenforo. :D :)

@Adam Howard has kindly compiled a list of add-ons with some minor issues with 1.2 beta you may be interested in taking a look at (i'll post the link as soon as i find that thread).

edit: Here's that link. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xf-1-2-add-on-compatibility.52931/

Coming soon but patient, there are four spanish versions. Look at xenfacil.com that there will be news soon but not before tomorrow (I am a doctor and now I'm on call).
Estoy en ello pero paciencia que son cuatro versiones de español.

Mira en xenfacil.com que habrá noticias en breve pero no antes de mañana (soy médico y hoy estoy de guardia)

Salud2

Before tomorrow? This was just released. You are really quite fast. I will give xenfacil a visit and will look forward to being able to translate this later this week. Thanks for your fast response.

Before tomorrow? This was just released. You are really quite fast. I will give xenfacil a visit and will look forward to being able to translate this later this week. Thanks for your fast response.

I have to admit the 3rd party resource providers work very fast when it comes to updating their resources. :D They are a very dedicated Bunch and really do provide a great service to the community.

Welcome to XenForo. I just recently bought my License too. It looks like there are tons of cool features for XenForo 1.2. So, at the moment I am waiting for it's release. Using the beta version is not a good idea as Shelley said, I heard from somewhere a stable version for 1.2 would be released within 1~2 weeks however, it is not a confirmed ETA.

Welcome to XenForo. I just recently bought my License too. It looks like there are tons of cool features for XenForo 1.2. So, at the moment I am waiting for it's release. Using the beta version is not a good idea as Shelley said, I heard from somewhere a stable version for 1.2 would be released within 1~2 weeks however, it is not a confirmed ETA.

Where do you get this info?

Because, theres no set release schedule as it stands...

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-15-editor-bug.53174/#post-568466

The version 1.1.x of XenForo is using by default the TinyMCE editor (version 3.x). For a reason I ignore a LOT of TinyMCE users love to paste text from Microsoft Word and want the editor to keep the layout. TinyMCE (3.x) has also a plain text addon that allows to only paste the raw text. You can find it in that addon. Please note that this addon is no more supported but if you need it for a few weeks to wait for a stable 1.2 version, just install it.

He stated "few weeks" but I knew it wasn't an exact ETA for XenForo 1.2 as it is just an estimate of when it will be coming out. Thats why I said " it is not a confirmed ETA."

And as Brogan stated: "There is currently no date for the stable release of 1.2.0." so.. it can take either weeks or months. So, I guess I will use the 1.15 for now as I think it's the latest stable version.

He stated "few weeks" but I knew it wasn't an exact ETA for XenForo 1.2 as it is just an estimate of when it will be coming out. Thats why I said " it is not a confirmed ETA."

And as Brogan stated: "There is currently no date for the stable release of 1.2.0." so.. it can take either weeks or months. So, I guess I will use the 1.15 for now as I think it's the latest stable version.

I think you can take anything about an eta on 1.2.0 stable with a pinch of salt. Not even the devs know when it'll be stable since there will most definitely be factors and possibly fixes unforeseen that will need addressing.

That would be best :)

Top Bottom