1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Google maps

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Arty, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Arty

Arty Well-Known Member

I've just opened maps.google.com and was surprised to see completely new maps app. Interface looks neater than old one, it seems to be a bit faster.

But many useful features are gone
    • Weather: completely gone.
    • Photos of specific location. Old map was showing tiny thumbnails of photos at specific places on map, now all I see is random selection of images for whole zoomed in area.
    • Zooming out takes ages. There is no more option to set specific zoom (line between + and - buttons on old map), now its only + and - so to zoom out I have to click - 10 times and wait for each step to load.
    • Cannot right click on location to get directions from one place to another.
    Worst update ever! Why would a company consider such unfinished app an upgrade and redirect users to it?

edit: found a way to get to good old maps.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  2. Chimpie

Chimpie Well-Known Member

I tried the new Google Maps a few months ago but didn't like it. It takes a lot longer for images to load.

I also returned to the classic version.

3. wedgar

wedgar Well-Known Member

How do you return to the classic version?

4. Arty

Arty Well-Known Member

Click help icon on bottom right, select option to return to classic maps

wedgar likes this.
  5. wedgar

wedgar Well-Known Member

Thanks!

6. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I'm on OS X. I'm not seeing a new Google Map or the question mark in the bottom right corner. Tried Firefox and Chrome.