XF 1.4 Mysqli prepare error: Table 'Xenforo.xf_data_registry' doesn't exist

Kevin12087

Hey guys. So one of my friends decided to think it was funny to log into my GoDaddy account and cancel my hosting plan. I lost all my files so I restored it and GoDaddy gave me the backup files. I uploaded everything and this is my error.

In View-source:
An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.
<!-- Mysqli prepare error: Table 'Xenforo.xf_data_registry' doesn't exist -->

When I go to /install I get:
Code:
Server Error
Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: Table 'Xenforo.xf_data_registry' doesn't exist

[LIST=1]
[*]Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
[*]Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
[*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
[*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
[*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 64
[*]XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->_getFromDb() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 34
[*]XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 772
[*]XenForo_Application->loadOptions()
[*]call_user_func_array() in XenForo/Application.php at line 968
[*]XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in XenForo/Application.php at line 999
[*]XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Model/User.php at line 961
[*]XenForo_Model_User->getVisitingGuestUser() in XenForo/Visitor.php at line 427
[*]XenForo_Visitor::setup() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 50
[*]XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 304
[*]XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 346
[*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
[/LIST]
17. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/flexmc/public_html/install/index.php at line 18
Can someone help me please! Thank you.

That would indicate the backup is corrupt or incomplete.

You will need to try with another viable backup.

Presumably you are using SSH to backup/restore and not cPanel (which isn't advised)?

It sounds like they backed up your files but not the database -- that would likely be totally separate (though something they really should be backing up, considering that's where your important data likely is).

If you haven't taken a backup of it yourself (and downloaded it), you would have to ask your host to see if they have it.

Is it possible I can reinstall the database without and of the old permissions? I don't care if everything goes missing as long as I get my site back. I am not looking to reinstall the whole software just the databases.

Top Bottom