My New Notebook

DrYontem

at last, my notebook has came today
it is waiting for me at cargo office =)

i was using Toshiba Satellite L series notebook but it wasnt enough for bout RAM and GPU
i had ordered for new one nearly 1month ago but there was a problem for transporting
whatever, it has come and waiting me now =)

can i see your ideas for notebook?

http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GX660.html#/?div=Specification

Custimized Features
There is no OS (coming via linux)
Intel® Core™ i7-820QM 4-Cores; 8MB L3; 1.73GHz > 3.06GHz; 1333 MHz; 45W; 45nm
750GB Seagate® 7200RPM 16MB ST9750420AS

RAM is 4*1 for now but i will add more one this summer

NOTE: i dont like play games :D

^ 'computer' and 'currys' in the same sentence fills me with utter horror.
Same here.
I once spilled a jalfrezi all over my laptop :D

I hope the wife doesn't see this thread, she's been going on about her underpowered laptop for a while now :cautious:

i am writing now via that notebook
but now, installed ubuntu and i didnt like it =(
dvd is writing for win7 format =)

there is windows 7 points for system
CPU, RAM, Graphics, Gaming Graphics = 7,2
HDD 5,9 =(

348k678.jpg

Me too, after I purchased an ASUS Notebook last year that kicked the bucket 11 months later (still under 12 months warrenty). I hardly ever used the thing either! I went to Curry's to get a replacement, or get them to take it off my hands and fixed free boxed as new with the sales receipt. Instead they quickly handed me a leaflet and told me to phone a helpline number for ASUS direct.

That's how they do things there, no replacement, no taking it off your hands. I had to phone an expensive phone number and talk some Indian guy talking gibberish, trying to explain what to try to fix it. The laptop ended up in the bin!

I would strongly advise nobody buys a computer from Curry's. Buy one from a place like ASDA or Argos, that does a replacement and money back guarantee. Or at least ask where your thinking of buying it from first, if they do that for the first 12 months.

I am an Apple design enjoyer, and that notebook looks bulky, sorry. Price being cheaper etc, I don't really care that much. Personal preference: bulky and not my style. It seems 1985 designs are still 'hot' in the cheaper windows world.

Same here.
I once spilled a jalfrezi all over my laptop :D

I hope the wife doesn't see this thread, she's been going on about her underpowered laptop for a while now :cautious:
About 5 years ago I spilled an entire glass of rum and coke onto a brand new mac book, right on the keyboard...I cried, a lot.

For anyone who still thinks my 'currys' reference was something to do with spicy food, it was not. I was referring to the high street electronics chain 'Currys' who also run the delightful 'PC World', where the staff seem all too keen to offer you french fries and a Coke to go with your £20 gold-plated USB cable. Ghastly, terrible places to buy computer equipment. (n)

your £20 gold-plated USB cable.

I hate how overpriced cables are in stores. That 4 foot 100x-HD monster HDMI cable you dropped $80 into is not going to make your bluray movies look any better than the ones I use and spent 7 bucks on.

This is a great place for most cables, at least in the US. I'm not sure how it works out for anyone doing an international order. You will be shocked at how much cheaper it is, if you have been buying your stuff from places like best buy.

I hate how overpriced cables are in stores. That 4 foot 100x-HD monster HDMI cable you dropped $80 into is not going to make your bluray movies look any better than the ones I use and spent 7 bucks on.

This is a great place for most cables, at least in the US. I'm not sure how it works out for anyone doing an international order. You will be shocked at how much cheaper it is, if you have been buying your stuff from places like best buy.
WoW! Bookmarked! 100 foot network cable for $12!

Top Bottom