1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My New Notebook

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tilkißey, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Tilkißey

Tilkißey Well-Known Member

at last, my notebook has came today
    it is waiting for me at cargo office =)

i was using Toshiba Satellite L series notebook but it wasnt enough for bout RAM and GPU
    i had ordered for new one nearly 1month ago but there was a problem for transporting
    whatever, it has come and waiting me now =)

can i see your ideas for notebook?

Custimized Features
    There is no OS (coming via linux)
    Intel® Core™ i7-820QM 4-Cores; 8MB L3; 1.73GHz > 3.06GHz; 1333 MHz; 45W; 45nm
    750GB Seagate® 7200RPM 16MB ST9750420AS

RAM is 4*1 for now but i will add more one this summer

NOTE: i dont like play games :D
    tickedon likes this.
  2. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

it is beautiful :)

I'm jealous :p
    Tilkißey likes this.
  3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Tilkißey likes this.
  4. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to say this, but I hate notebooks :p

iPad FTW!
    Tilkißey likes this.
  5. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Alex, tickedon, Shelley and 3 others like this.
  6. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

To the OP - nice machine. Should "fly" with Linux on.

Enjoy ... :D
    Tilkißey likes this.
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Same here.
    I once spilled a jalfrezi all over my laptop :D

I hope the wife doesn't see this thread, she's been going on about her underpowered laptop for a while now :cautious:
    Tilkißey likes this.
  8. Tilkißey

i am writing now via that notebook
    but now, installed ubuntu and i didnt like it =(
    dvd is writing for win7 format =)
  9. CyclingTribe

lol ... that's a shame. Oh well, it'll still run anything you throw at it pretty fast so have fun. :D
    Tilkißey likes this.
  10. physicspirate

physicspirate Well-Known Member

The new 15'' MBP would be awesome, but I'm saving my cash to weather the storm.
    Tilkißey likes this.
  11. Tilkißey

there is windows 7 points for system
    CPU, RAM, Graphics, Gaming Graphics = 7,2
    HDD 5,9 =(

12. CyclingTribe

With a regular hard drive it'll always score 5.9 max. - looks like it kicks ass in every other department though :)

Shaun :D
    Tilkißey likes this.
  13. Tilkißey

SSDs were expensive for now =)
  14. CyclingTribe

Yeah, I was going to ask if you'd considered SSD ... ;)
  15. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Me too, after I purchased an ASUS Notebook last year that kicked the bucket 11 months later (still under 12 months warrenty). I hardly ever used the thing either! I went to Curry's to get a replacement, or get them to take it off my hands and fixed free boxed as new with the sales receipt. Instead they quickly handed me a leaflet and told me to phone a helpline number for ASUS direct.

That's how they do things there, no replacement, no taking it off your hands. I had to phone an expensive phone number and talk some Indian guy talking gibberish, trying to explain what to try to fix it. The laptop ended up in the bin!

I would strongly advise nobody buys a computer from Curry's. Buy one from a place like ASDA or Argos, that does a replacement and money back guarantee. Or at least ask where your thinking of buying it from first, if they do that for the first 12 months.
  16. Floris

Floris Guest

I am an Apple design enjoyer, and that notebook looks bulky, sorry. Price being cheaper etc, I don't really care that much. Personal preference: bulky and not my style. It seems 1985 designs are still 'hot' in the cheaper windows world.
  17. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

About 5 years ago I spilled an entire glass of rum and coke onto a brand new mac book, right on the keyboard...I cried, a lot.
  18. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

For anyone who still thinks my 'currys' reference was something to do with spicy food, it was not. I was referring to the high street electronics chain 'Currys' who also run the delightful 'PC World', where the staff seem all too keen to offer you french fries and a Coke to go with your £20 gold-plated USB cable. Ghastly, terrible places to buy computer equipment. (n)
  19. Jesepi

Jesepi Well-Known Member

I hate how overpriced cables are in stores. That 4 foot 100x-HD monster HDMI cable you dropped $80 into is not going to make your bluray movies look any better than the ones I use and spent 7 bucks on.

This is a great place for most cables, at least in the US. I'm not sure how it works out for anyone doing an international order. You will be shocked at how much cheaper it is, if you have been buying your stuff from places like best buy.
  20. grant sarver

grant sarver Well-Known Member

WoW! Bookmarked! 100 foot network cable for $12!