Music Thread Starter for XenForo

Music Thread Starter for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.5

No permission to buy ($30.00)

Snog

Snog submitted a new resource:

Music Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x - Start music threads the easy way in XF 2!

Do you run a music review or discussion site? Always copying and pasting information from TheAudioDB to your new threads? Or, maybe you just want a place on your site to discuss music with friends.

Then this add-on is for you!

The AudioDB Music Thread Starter allows you to enter the album ID or the entire link to the album at TheAudioDB into your new thread, add whatever comments you like and post the new thread. The Music Thread Starter will import all of the information for your album...

Read more about this resource...

There is special upgrade pricing available for owners of the XF 1.x version available on my site until March 8th.

Current owners, log into your account on my site to view the UPGRADE category for this add-on and to obtain the special price information.

It doesn't worth $30 to me. A lot of the newer albums is not in the database. The genre of reggae and dancehall which i use the most is very limited in the database. No way to manually create an album review. very good idea though

It doesn't worth $30 to me. A lot of the newer albums is not in the database. The genre of reggae and dancehall which i use the most is very limited in the database. No way to manually create an album review. very good idea though
That's fine, but I am not related to the AudioDB. So complaining about it here doesn't do anything.

You could join the AudioDB and add albums. It is a public database.

Last edited:
Snog updated Music Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

Music Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.1

An update to the Music Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my siteto download this update.
  • Fix - Albums not saving properly due to XenPorta 2 redirecting in finalizeThreadCreate
  • Fix - Improper display when music thread is a XenPorta 2 article
  • Fix - Unable to edit album when music thread is a XenPorta 2 article

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Snog

I am at a loss on how this works..
Do I have to manually import into the forum,
or can forum members do a search, then it imports?

Thanks

Don't know if it is just me or a problem possibly with the API but I'm getting "Oops! We ran into some problems. Bad response from the Audio DB" when trying to post a new album. No error is AdminCP.

Don't know if it is just me or a problem possibly with the API but I'm getting "Oops! We ran into some problems. Bad response from the Audio DB" when trying to post a new album. No error is AdminCP.
Nope, just tested it and something has changed. I'll have to take a look at it tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know.

There's been no change in the API calls, so that's not it.

They did recently change their SSL certificate and are now forcing calls to SSL and that is where things fail in cURL (both direct calls and using the built in XF/Guzzle calls). Their sever is resetting the connection and the end result is the inability to get the albums.

I am communicating with them about the problem, but I can't say when it will be fixed on their end.

Music Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.3

An update to the Music Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Change - API calls to new HTTPS address
  • Change - Removed direct cURL calls per new XF standards
NOTE: If you are using this on a server that does not have a public facing IP address, you may have problems making the HTTPS connection with the Audio DB. This would normally be test servers that are...

WARNING: This add-on needs to be updated for XenForo 2.1.0 due to changes in XenForo 2.1.0. It will not work with XenForo 2.1.0 at this time. It will work with XenForo 2.0.x.

Music Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.4

An update to the Music Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Album info not being displayed in forum thread list for UiX2 and PixelExit styles
  • Change - Add support for XenForo 2.1
NOTE: While I've added support for XenForo 2.1, there is no guarantee the changes will continue to work. If something changes in 2.1 there may be more updates needed.

Top Bottom