Multiview - View threads from multiple forums on a single page [Paid] [Deleted]

nice Addon (y)

1)
could there be an "option" in order to show this "Multi View" at the "Home"-Tab ?
So that the Homepage at the "Home"-Tab is showing the "Multi View", but the "Forum"-Tab is just showing the default Forum-list ?

2)
would it be possible to "filter" the orange bar by "Title / Replies / Views" ?

3)
would it be possble to "filter" by Prefix when threads do have Prefixes ?

Many thanks!

1.) There is no setting for this. You could change either the Index Page Route, and/or the Home Page URL (which would control the Home tab link). If you choose either of those methods though, you wouldn't have a way of only showing that route to those members with permissions to view it. If a member did not have permission to use this feature, they would see a no permissions error. That is something to consider.

2.) Not currently. I have thought about adding that to make it consistent with the standard thread view, but it currently displays how the New Posts / Recent Posts page does (i.e. you cannot sort by Title, Replies, Views or Last Message on the New Posts page. I think this is because the content is too dynamic to be considered useful of being sorted. The content is more likely to have changed by the time the filter is applied). I will consider including this because I feel it would be useful for the Multiview page to display more like the standard thread view.

3.) The prefixes are linked, but when clicked, they only take you to the filter for that individual forum, not the Multiview listing. If it's something that would be useful, it could potentially be included at a later date.

1.) There is no setting for this. You could change either the Index Page Route, and/or the Home Page URL (which would control the Home tab link). If you choose either of those methods though, you wouldn't have a way of only showing that route to those members with permissions to view it. If a member did not have permission to use this feature, they would see a no permissions error. That is something to consider.

I do not want the "members" to have any permissions for this Addon. Only Admin to make the setting.
I just want to set the "Multi View" as being shown at the "Home"-Page.

Is this possible ?

I do not want the "members" to have any permissions for this Addon. Only Admin to make the setting.
I just want to set the "Multi View" as being shown at the "Home"-Page.

Is this possible ?

Neither of the things I mentioned in my previous post (#1) would make the "Home" tab active. It would only ever serve as a link to another page (with the active tab remaining as "Forums"). It's possible, but it's not something this add-on has a setting for.

I am interested in this add-on but I have a question.

Lets say I have 3 categories and 10 forums. And in 2 of that forums I have 5 subforums each.
As Admin, can I force all users to multiview those 2 forums? I want that in those 2 forums, the threads of the subforums are shown in the main forum.
But dont want that users decide this, I want to force anybody.
Is this possible?

Like Category B -> Forum 6 -> Subforum1/Subforum2/Subforum3/Subforum4/Subforum5

So when I go to Forum 6, I want to see the threads of all the subforums, not just the threads of Forum 6. And no selection for users, I will force everybody. So "view permission -> all" and "choosing multiview -> Admin". So I choose the multiforums, I set it, and everybody must view them, no exceptions.

Hope you understood me, if not, I can try to explain again.

When there is a option for admins to force selected usergroups to have multiview on for specific nodes, I will purchase this add-on.

The thing is, this add-on is actually good but for older people who are not good with settings, this is confusing and also the forum view is not standardized. Thats why a control from admin side is important.

When there is a option for admins to force selected usergroups to have multiview on for specific nodes, I will purchase this add-on.

The upcoming update will only allow you to set which forums will appear by default (in addition to whether or not they can be removed).

The other new feature is a user group permission to permit users to "add" forums. Without this permission, the user will only "see" the forums the admin has defined on their Multiview page.

the forum view is not standardized.

I'm not sure what this means, but my intention was to keep as closely as possible to the default forum view layout (including the template, and the code).

I meant that another extra feature is in my opinion more harm then good. Considering you have other distracting things also installed, now this add-on installs on the navi bar a multiview page. How is it different than the watched forums feature? I barely use the navibar at all and I know that many other users dont use it, too. And then letting users to choose what to add and what not. One must explain them... Personally, I dont like that type of handling. It must be instinctual.

I want a standardized way of managing. That means the admin chooses how it should be and that it is applied to everyone. How about the unregistered people, who dont have accounts? I also want that the unregistered people taste the feature for example :).

But still, giving users a choice may be good. My main point is that you have an extra page now called multiview. I dont need that honestly, but of course it is your add-on and you and the people who are interested choose the way how it should be done.

In my opinion the multiview should be added into the forum system, that means into the node system. For example, if I have 6 subforums, I also want that their threads are shown in the parent forum. I want the multiview live, integrated in forums I choose. And everything from admin base, so all users are on same ground and are familiar with the same structure.

I hope it is more clear now.

PS: I have many add-ons of AndyB installed. Those add-ons which remove things, like remove trophies, follow, gender, profile page, RSS. To make it plain simple and user-friendly. A forum which is overloaded isnt a good place to stay. That's my philosophy.

Last edited:
Valhalla updated Multiview with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.2

Although there are no new features in this release, there have been significant changes in terms of code.

Notable Bug Fixes
1.) The forum links generated in the description on the Multiview page now include the forum title, where previously the links only included the forum ID.
2.) The threads being displayed will now adhere strictly to the 'Maximum Number of Discussions' option. Similarly, you had been able to access a non-existent page without proper redirection to the last page,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Version 1.2.2 has been released. If you have not received the update, please start a conversation with me.

Although there are no new features in this release, there have been significant changes in terms of code of which I aim to document in this post.

Should you not wish to read the succeeding details, please note the following:
  • Prior to upgrading, you may wish to revoke relevant permission to ensure the changes (though minor) are to your liking, and that everything is working as expected after the upgrade.
  • When you plan to upgrade the Multiview add-on, you should remove the add-on directory found at '/library/Valhalla/Multiview', and then upload the latest files as suggested by the hierarchy of the add-on package. This will ensure there are no redundant files in the add-on directory on your server.
  • After uploading the new files, you can then use the XML file to upgrade the add-on.

The Multiview thread listing now uses the forum_view template. The add-on no longer uses a dedicated template to serve the custom thread listing. If you wish to display content only on the Multiview page, you may do so by using the {$isMultiview} template conditional as appropriate. This conditional will be true while on the Multiview page. For example, if you wish to display something on the Multiview page, but not on the standard forum view, you would include the following template conditional in the forum_view template: <xen:if is="{$isMultiview}"></xen:if>

No templates have been added in this release. The following templates can be safely removed, and are no longer used:

mu_multiview
mu_multiview_thread_list_item
mu_multiview_navigation

The following five phrases are no longer used and can be removed if they are still present after upgrading:

mu_x_and_x
mu_x_x_and_x
mu_x_x_x_and_one_more
mu_x_x_x_and_x_more
mu_no_threads
mu_icon_add
mu_icon_remove

There are six new phrases. Bearing this in mind, you may wish to revoke permissions or disable the add-on in order for you to verify the changed phrases. The new phrases are:

mu_including_x
mu_including_x_and_x_more
mu_including_x_x
mu_including_x_x_and_x_more
mu_including_x_x_x
mu_including_x_x_x_and_x_more

The phrases listed above beginning "mu_including_" were altered to take account of the forum information that is already present when the threads are fetched. Previously this information was generated by the use of an extra query, however I considered this not beneficial, especially given the forum information was very nearly already provided when threads were fetched.

Bug Fixes

1.) The forum links generated in the description on the Multiview page now include the forum title, where previously the links only included the forum ID.
2.) The threads being displayed will now adhere strictly to the 'Maximum Number of Discussions' option. Similarly, you had been able to access a non-existent page without proper redirection to the last page, and this has now been fixed.

Other Changes

For styling purposes, a new option has been added to specify the class of the content DIV. This is because I was aware that users may not wish styling modifications to apply to the Multiview thread listing, despite having them appear on the standard thread listing. By default, this option is set to 'forum_view', although this can be changed to something else, such as 'find_new_posts'.

Last edited:
Reactions: HWS
Since the upgrade my error log has been filling up with Undefined Index: node_id for a number of my other plugins that were working fine until this update. All of them getting errors when multiview is called.

Here are some examples.

ErrorException: Undefined index: node_id - library/Waindigo/ForumDigest/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php:27
Generated By: JM42, 26 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/Waindigo/ForumDigest/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php(27): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/satguys/p...', 27, Array)
#1 [internal function]: Waindigo_ForumDigest_Listener_TemplatePostRender->_forumView('forum_view', Object(Waindigo_ForumDigest_Listener_TemplatePostRender))
#2 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/Waindigo/Listener/TemplatePostRender/20150106.php(83): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/Waindigo/Listener/TemplatePostRender/20150106.php(36): Waindigo_Listener_TemplatePostRender->_runTemplateCallback(Array)
#4 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/Waindigo/ForumDigest/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php(20): Waindigo_Listener_TemplatePostRender->run()
#5 [internal function]: Waindigo_ForumDigest_Listener_TemplatePostRender::templatePostRender('forum_view', '\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\t\n\n\n\n\n\n\n...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#6 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#7 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array, 'forum_view')
#8 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#9 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(123): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#10 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(618): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#11 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#12 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#13 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(41) "http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/multiview"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/xen/multiview"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

And another

Stack Trace
#0 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/Waindigo/ForumDigest/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php(27): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/satguys/p...', 27, Array)
#1 [internal function]: Waindigo_ForumDigest_Listener_TemplatePostRender->_forumView('forum_view', Object(Waindigo_ForumDigest_Listener_TemplatePostRender))
#2 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/Waindigo/Listener/TemplatePostRender/20150106.php(83): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/Waindigo/Listener/TemplatePostRender/20150106.php(36): Waindigo_Listener_TemplatePostRender->_runTemplateCallback(Array)
#4 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/Waindigo/ForumDigest/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php(20): Waindigo_Listener_TemplatePostRender->run()
#5 [internal function]: Waindigo_ForumDigest_Listener_TemplatePostRender::templatePostRender('forum_view', '\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\t\n\n\n\n\n\n\n...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#6 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#7 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array, 'forum_view')
#8 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#9 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(123): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#10 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(618): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#11 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#12 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#13 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(42) "http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/multiview/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/xen/multiview/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Since the upgrade my error log has been filling up with Undefined Index: node_id for a number of my other plugins that were working fine until this update. All of them getting errors when multiview is called.

Hello,

I've just released a version which should resolve this.

Bugs:
1# Forums with a comma (,) does not work - > account/multiview
2# XF phrase "name" is insufficient will in eg DE translated username (username)

Attachments

• Screen_27062015140341.webp
    Screen_27062015140341.webp
    2.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Screen_27062015140439.webp
    Screen_27062015140439.webp
    4.1 KB · Views: 7
Valhalla updated Multiview with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.4

This update fixes a bug where it was not possible to add forums that contained a comma(s) as part of the title.

In addition to the above fix, the following changes to phrasing have been made:
  • The phrase 'mu_please_enter_one_forum_per_line' has been added in this version.
  • The phrase 'mu_add_forum' is no longer used and has been replaced in one template with 'mu_add_forums' - the former phrase can be removed if it is still present after having upgraded.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Getting the following error since update

Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: parent_node_id - library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(498) : runtime-created function:1
Generated By: TJA, 4 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/thejack.army/public/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(498) : runtime-created function(1): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 1, Array)
#1 [internal function]: __lambda_func(Array)
#2 /home/nginx/domains/thejack.army/public/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(502): call_user_func('\x00lambda_9', Array)
#3 /home/nginx/domains/thejack.army/public/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(588): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->_executeExpression('$forum['parent_...', Array)
#4 /home/nginx/domains/thejack.army/public/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(397): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render(Array, 'forum_view', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '')
#5 /home/nginx/domains/thejack.army/public/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(316): WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor('forum_view', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '')
#6 /home/nginx/domains/thejack.army/public/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(126): WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor('forum_view', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#7 [internal function]: WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render('forum_view', '\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\t\n\n\n\n\n\n\n...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#8 /home/nginx/domains/thejack.army/public/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#9 /home/nginx/domains/thejack.army/public/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array, 'forum_view')
#10 /home/nginx/domains/thejack.army/public/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#11 /home/nginx/domains/thejack.army/public/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(123): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#12 /home/nginx/domains/thejack.army/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(618): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#13 /home/nginx/domains/thejack.army/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#14 /home/nginx/domains/thejack.army/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#15 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(31) "https://thejack.army/multiview/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/multiview/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

For reference, the above error has been resolved with the user and I believe it was a very specific case relating to the concurrent use of this add-on with another.

Additionally, I have identified an issue where new line breaks are not always recognised on some server configurations (I believe it only affects Windows servers.)

Both of these issues have been fixed for version 1.2.5.

Top Bottom