1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Multiple vote public poll inconsistency

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by dutchbb, Feb 23, 2011.

1. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

When not voted yet:

multiple_vote.png

When voted:

multiple_vote_voted.png

I think both phrases below the options should be showed before the user has voted.

Dodgeboard and Vincent like this.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Doesn't the check box imply the "multiple votes allowed" phrase?

3. dutchbb

For most people probably, it just seemed strange to me to notify users about it after they voted.

4. Ati

Ati Active Member

It makes sense. You see that 10 people voted, but count the votes and they total 15. You could say there's an error somewhere. Instead, you immediately see why the numbers don't add up: because anyone can vote on multiple answers.

5. Alluidh

Alluidh Well-Known Member

No, not for most user. It is better to write both below the options

6. dutchbb

When you see that phrase, it means you already voted and so you must know it's a multiple vote poll. If you have to be notified it's a multiple vote poll after voting, then it's too late. Everything after voting should only serve as a reminder.

7. Mike

That phrase is also shown to people viewing the results or those that can't vote (eg, guests).

8. dutchbb

Yeah some inexperienced new members might think it's single vote. That's why it would be best to show it before voting too I think :)

Dodgeboard likes this.
  9. Alluidh

Alluidh Well-Known Member

I don't think tis is a problem. In my eyes it is better for understanding the results.

10. Mike

Changed.

dieketzer likes this.