1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moved Xenforo Directory need redirect.

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Sumo, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Sumo

Sumo Active Member

I move my installation from /forums to / . I tried using the cpanel redirect to send /forums/ to /. That worked to an extent. Since Xenforo's forum urls contain /forums/ ( /community/forums/general-support-and-questions.25/ ) if I clicked on a forum category it would remove the /forums/ in it causing it to become a broken and invalid url. Is it possible to fix this?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2. Rukiri

Rukiri Member

You need to change it in the configuration, you can move it but the links will always turn out to be /forums/something.x

3. Sumo

Sumo Active Member

Can you please expand on what you mean by "change in the configuration"?

4. Rukiri

Rukiri Member

5. Sumo

Sumo Active Member

I have already done that. What I did was created a 301 redirect in cpanel to send all requests from /forums/ to / because I moved it. But since the Xenforo URL structure has /forums/ in it for sections, if I clicked on a section the URL should have looked like this /forums/news-announcements.4/ but because of the /forums/ redirect it made it /news-announcements.4/ . Before I moved the directory the URL would have looked like this /forums/forums/news-announcements.4/.

6. Rukiri

Rukiri Member

You don't need a redirect, you just have to edit the board url, than move everything over.
    I moved mine over as a test and worked just fine.

7. Sumo

Sumo Active Member

Perhaps I should have been more specific and said I was talking about links indexed in google. Anyways thanks for help, but I got it working now.

Digital Doctor likes this.
  8. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Xenforo.com installed xenforo into the /community directory.
    I take it you didn't like the /forums/forums.
    There is some more information here.