Modern Gamer XF2 (10 Presets) [Deleted]

Hi,

i just bought your theme and downloaded the latest version of your theme wich is 1.1.4 but i get this error ==>

Oops! We ran into some problems.
This style XML file was not built for this version of XenForo.

i am using the latest version of Xenforo 2.1.2 so normally your theme should work i geuss ?

Edit: i fixed it by uploading Xenforo 2.1.1 and downloaded the theme for 2.1.1 now it works fine

Last edited:
Hi,

i just bought your theme and downloaded the latest version of your theme wich is 1.1.4 but i get this error ==>

Oops! We ran into some problems.
This style XML file was not built for this version of XenForo.

i am using the latest version of Xenforo 2.1.2 so normally your theme should work i geuss ?

Edit: i fixed it by uploading Xenforo 2.1.1 and downloaded the theme for 2.1.1 now it works fine
Hey Dieter,
That's really odd as the latest version was released for XF 2.1.2, so it shouldn't have fired that statement :unsure:.

I'll run some fresh import tests and post back. The theme is nearing next update so if there's any template issues, I'll be sure to include them.

whitesky updated Modern Gamer XF2 (10 Presets) with a new update entry:

Theme file package and XML fix

This update fixes incorrect file contents in the theme file package.

You may check your theme version by visiting at your forum admin:
Appearance -> Style Properties -> [Nulumia] Theme Options

The following are the correct up to date values:
NulumiaBase Framework Version: 2.2.8
Style Version: 1.1.4

If you do not see these values, or had issues installing the last release, you should install this latest update.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi

yes it did but after all i changed to 2.1.1 now and used another version of your theme so it works fine now btw your theme is really nice mate Great Work

btw one question is the portal included also in the theme or do we have to buy that separately and can you also create custom buttons on the slider images the ones instead of continue reading

grtz

Thanks for the kind words!
The portal features refers to the theme design in conjunction with a few built-in features and third party addons, you can essentially create a nice portal page. Admittedly I haven't written up the full walkthrough on this though many users are using it already to enhance their XenPorta 2 system.

I will expedite my tutorial as there's also new material including my recent ecommerce layout additions :-)

thanks for your reply, so I just want to make sure I'm doing this right on my test site:

thisright.webp

and I would edit the blue theme so all changes reflect on all the skins I have uploaded?

thanks for your reply, so I just want to make sure I'm doing this right on my test site:

View attachment 202873

and I would edit the blue theme so all changes reflect on all the skins I have uploaded?
That is really close to my recommended layout - to ensure everything works great, I would do the following:
  1. Goto Styles -> Add New Style (not import) -> enter any name you want such as Modern Gamer Classic/Green etc (will be your first live style).
  2. Set its parent theme to the master style (Modern Gamer - Classic (Parent DO NOT EDIT)
  3. This will create a new child-style of the master theme
  4. For each child-style that you have in your list, click each one and reassign its parent to the one you created above.
The reason for this, is the master and primary child-style (your live style) should always match. In your screenshot, the Blue theme is the active child-style of the master Classic theme, which isn't ideal.

The end setup should look like:
  • Modern Gamer - Classic (Parent DO NOT EDIT) <-- master style, upgrade only
    • Modern Gamer - Classic <-- your created child-style, make customizations here
      • Modern Gamer - Blue <-- your imported XMLs from the /child-styles/ folder, rename them as you wish after importing
      • Modern Gamer - Red
      • etc etc
I wish there was an easier way to do this but is necessary for running multiple themes with ability to customize and upgrade :)

I will be doing a video soon on a walkthrough for this.

Thanks, I managed to work it out.

I do have one question, I want to move my forum statics down into the custom content columns , the area where the about us summary and related links are at. I've tried a few things but it never wants to appear.

Thanks, I managed to work it out.

I do have one question, I want to move my forum statics down into the custom content columns , the area where the about us summary and related links are at. I've tried a few things but it never wants to appear.
Sure thing, so adding widgets to the footer columns requires Developer Mode to be enabled just to create custom widget locations.
You can do this via the following:
  1. Enable dev mode by adding this to your /src/config.php:
    $config['development']['enabled'] = true;
  2. Refresh your admin page, goto Development -> Widget Locations -> Add Widget Location
  3. Name your new widget location according to the attached screenshot:
___Edit widget position  Nulumia  Footer Column A   XF2 Demo Forum - Admin control panel__.webp

Repeat this with B, C, and D in the name. You will then have new widget locations when adding or editing new widgets to place them in the footer columns.
Let me know if this helps,

hello,
noticed we were a couple versions behind from the one you currently have published on your site(1.1.15)

so we tried upgrading the 1.1.15 style after upgrading to xen 2.1.3.....

the result seem to be a fundamental error breaking the site if anyone tries to read a thread with unread notifications...

do you have a xen 2.1.3 compatible version coming soon? not sure what is going on exactly but seems that would be the best thing to do is just overwrite the parent style with a more current one..

thank you

hello,
noticed we were a couple versions behind from the one you currently have published on your site(1.1.15)

so we tried upgrading the 1.1.15 style after upgrading to xen 2.1.3.....

the result seem to be a fundamental error breaking the site if anyone tries to read a thread with unread notifications...

do you have a xen 2.1.3 compatible version coming soon? not sure what is going on exactly but seems that would be the best thing to do is just overwrite the parent style with a more current one..

thank you
Hey Iggy,
Yes the XF 2.1.3 theme is about wrapped up - have you tried using Outdated Templates -> Automatically Merge option? Generally after upgrading to a newer version of Xenforo than the current theme, this will solve most if not all issues until the theme is updated.

Other than that, I would definitely make sure the theme is the current latest version, even for XF 2.1.2 as there have been several major updates.

ok, at least for my issue, as an update after testing...

i think it may most likely be related to the sql version we are running...i have merged the templates yes, just made things a bit more confusing as it then shows all those templates as "custom"......i recreated the issue on a default style tho so you shouldnt need to worry ;)

thanks for the great style

i recreated the issue on a default style tho so you shouldnt need to worry ;)
At least glad to hear it's not an issue that would need to wait for a theme release :confused:. Let me know however if there's anything I could help with related to the issue - Modern Gamer XF 2.1.3 should be rolled out within about two days.

Sure thing, so adding widgets to the footer columns requires Developer Mode to be enabled just to create custom widget locations.
You can do this via the following:
  1. Enable dev mode by adding this to your /src/config.php:
    $config['development']['enabled'] = true;
  2. Refresh your admin page, goto Development -> Widget Locations -> Add Widget Location
  3. Name your new widget location according to the attached screenshot:
View attachment 203925

Repeat this with B, C, and D in the name. You will then have new widget locations when adding or editing new widgets to place them in the footer columns.
Let me know if this helps,

thanks, that worked perfectly. :)

MAJOR XF 2.1.3 Update | New Color Palette | Feature Improvements

August 29th, 2019 | Theme Version 1.1.6

To view this latest version live, please visit the Demo Forum here:

https://demo.nulumia.com/xf2/index.php?misc/style&style_id=23

To update your theme, please download the latest version at:
https://www.nulumia.com/my-account/downloads/

Upgrading From Last Previous Version:
  • XML import and file upload
MAJOR XF 2.1.3 RELEASE | PLEASE READ NOTES CAREFULLY:
[URL...

Hey everyone, please drop reply here or at nulumia.com if you run into any style issues after the latest update. Also, please check the notes on the latest Color Palette, as it may require you to revert customized Style Properties if you've heavily modified your theme.

I know Modern Gamer theme inside and out and can easily help with any issues!

Take care
-Robert

MG 1.1.6 seems to be working fine with XF 2.1.4. ;)
Thanks for notifying that Samk :)
MG native XF 2.1.4 is right around the corner, the demo site will likely be down at release during lengthy update processes but you can download without worry as there's few visual changes.

I am considering doing a COD:MW inspired preset due to the upcoming game, or may do a brand new COD based theme with license transfer option.
If anyone wants to share their opinion I'd be glad to hear!

Xenforo 2.1.4 Update | Node read/unread icon fix

September 18th, 2019 | Theme Version 1.1.7

To view this latest version live, please visit the Demo Forum here:

https://demo.nulumia.com/xf2/index.php?misc/style&style_id=23

To update your theme, please download the latest version at:
https://www.nulumia.com/my-account/downloads/

Upgrading From Last Previous Version:
  • XML import only
Changelog:
[URL...