Modern Gamer XF2 (10 Presets) [Deleted]

Working on my 2.1 install. Havent tried the latest version released a few days ago. I am running the version prior.

having some kinda major issues with this latest upgrade....cannot even get it to look proper on a default install test...no errors or warnings in dev tools...any ideas?

View attachment 197554

That looks like a CSS/Less syntax error - as XF2 will stop loading any further CSS once it encounters a bug. Do you see any outdated templates under Appearance -> Outdated Templates for either your master/parent theme or your child-style?

Will this support 2.1 soon?

Is currently for XF2.1 :-)

Working on my 2.1 install. Havent tried the latest version released a few days ago. I am running the version prior.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues. The latest version is a fairly significant upgrade over the older versions, but very stable.

That looks like a CSS/Less syntax error - as XF2 will stop loading any further CSS once it encounters a bug. Do you see any outdated templates under Appearance -> Outdated Templates for either your master/parent theme or your child-style?

Is currently for XF2.1 :)

Please let me know if you encounter any issues. The latest version is a fairly significant upgrade over the older versions, but very stable.

Will do. Busy few days for me so havent had time to sit down and apply the updates. Will let you know if I run into any problems.

Will do. Busy few days for me so havent had time to sit down and apply the updates. Will let you know if I run into any problems.
Thanks much - Modern Gamer is one of my largest gaming themes so want to make sure everyone's copy is going well :-)

no it did not list any outdated templates....i did however see this error report in logs

• Less_Exception_Chunk: ParseError: missing opening { in anonymous-file-0.less on line 2826, column 1 2824| -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; 2825| -moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale; 2826| } 2827| 2828| .m-faContent(@content, @width: false, @direction: false) 2829| {
  • src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php:677
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Mar 9, 2019 at 3:57 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php(621): Less_Parser->GetRules(NULL)
#1 src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php(449): Less_Parser->_parse()
#2 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(394): Less_Parser->parse('// Note that th...')
#3 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(342): XF\CssRenderer->renderToCss('public:nl_loade...', '// Note that th...')
#4 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(250): XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplate('public:nl_loade...', NULL)
#5 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(116): XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplates(Array, Array, Array)
#6 src/XF/CssWriter.php(53): XF\CssRenderer->render(Array)
#7 css.php(30): XF\CssWriter->run(Array, 2, 1, '45a735a2952453b...')
#8 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(189) "/community/css.php?css=public%3Anl_loader.less%2Cpublic%3Anode_list.less%2Cpublic%3Ashare_controls.less%2Cpublic%3Aextra.less&s=2&l=1&d=1552087748&k=45a735a2952453b0c14188aa75740ec679dd102f"
["referrer"] => string(48) "https://default.testsite.org/community/index.php"
["_GET"] => array(5) {
["css"] => string(88) "public:nl_loader.less,public:node_list.less,public:share_controls.less,public:extra.less"
["s"] => string(1) "2"
["l"] => string(1) "1"
["d"] => string(10) "1552087748"
["k"] => string(40) "45a735a2952453b0c14188aa75740ec679dd102f"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

i cannot make any sense of it so far..

Hey Iggy, I recognize that error and it's definitely some incorrect css/less syntax, either in a template (such as extra.less) or in a style property.
If you wouldn't mind, I'd be happy to check over your template if I can get temporary admin permissions to Appearance/styles/templates.

Feel free to shoot me a PM regarding this.

Edit: If you view the master Modern Gamer copy and it's fine, and the error is appearing in a child-style, it's almost 100% a customized style property in the child-style that has outdated CSS that just needs to be reverted.

A few likely properties to check:
[Nulumia] Logo Icon Slider -> Slider Container
[Nulumia] Featured Content -> Slider Container
[Nulumia] UX Settings -> Dot controls

Last edited:
what is odd about it is that this test was done on a totally clean default xen2.1....
simple file upload and latest style install and thats the result....didnt even make any child styles or change any settings or templates...

EDIT: we can figure something out if we need to but starting out it might be easier if there is something i can just check on about it...

Last edited:
what is odd about it is that this test was done on a totally clean default xen2.1....
simple file upload and latest style install and thats the result....didnt even make any child styles or change any settings or templates...

EDIT: we can figure something out if we need to but starting out it might be easier if there is something i can just check on about it...
Let me run another import on a fresh install and reply back,

whitesky updated Modern Gamer XF2 (10 Presets) with a new update entry:

Hotfix update

March 9th, 2019 | Theme Version 1.1.2

To update your theme, please download the latest version at:

https://www.nulumia.com/my-account/downloads/

This is a hotfix update which addresses a bug which can cause the theme to display incorrectly on certain addon configurations.

To update, simply import/overwrite the XML file from the latest download package.
No upload of files are needed.

Read the rest of this update entry...

thank you for the quick fix!

i confirm it now works no problem for me with xen2.1 default....

btw, thank you for the style and passion to make it the best it can be......imho this is the best style i have seen so far for xen flat out!

thank you for the quick fix!

i confirm it now works no problem for me with xen2.1 default....

btw, thank you for the style and passion to make it the best it can be......imho this is the best style i have seen so far for xen flat out!
Thanks for the kind words, and glad the theme is running great now!
I had infact originally designed MG's first iteration all the way around 2010, and still enjoy developing it as a working template to this day :-). Will continue to enhance over more updates as always.

whitesky updated Modern Gamer XF2 (10 Presets) with a new update entry:

Xenforo 2.1.1 Update, Bugfixes

March 14th, 2019 | Theme Version 1.1.3

To view this latest version live, please visit the Demo Forum here:

https://demo.nulumia.com/xf2/index.php?misc/style&style_id=23

To update your theme, please download the latest version at:
https://www.nulumia.com/my-account/downloads/

Upgrading From Last Previous Version:
  • XML import only
Overview

This release is an update to Xenforo 2.1.1, with additional minor improvements...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Got to say this skin looks amazing, I plan to buy it but just two quick questions.

1. If I had to change anything on the skin, say on the blue one, would that update reflect on all the other colors and presets?

2. I do have a customer banner and images for each of my board icons, do you help get them adjusted to each skin/preset or do I need to get someone else for that?

Got to say this skin looks amazing, I plan to buy it but just two quick questions.

1. If I had to change anything on the skin, say on the blue one, would that update reflect on all the other colors and presets?

2. I do have a customer banner and images for each of my board icons, do you help get them adjusted to each skin/preset or do I need to get someone else for that?
Sorry I wasn't able to get back earlier yesterday,
Glad you like the theme! So for customizing the presets, it depends what configuration you'd like to run. Typically, if a user just wants to run one theme, I recommend creating a child-style and running this setup:
  • Modern Gamer - ColorName (Parent - DO NOT EDIT) <-- master theme, hidden, overwrite during upgrades, don't customize
    • Modern Gamer <-- 'Add New' for child-style, visible to user, make your customizations here
If you want to run more than one theme, such as allowing all the color presets for your visitors, you'd have to run just a bit trickier setup:
  • Modern Gamer - ColorName (Parent - DO NOT EDIT) <-- master theme, hidden, overwrite during upgrades, don't customize
    • Modern Gamer - ColorName <-- 'Add New' for child-style, visible to user, make your customizations here
      • Modern Gamer - Green <-- Import green child-style xml here
      • Modern Gamer - Red <-- Import green child-style xml here
      • etc..
In each setup, your first child-style would be the main style where you make customizations, like slider, footer settings, etc. That way, if you add additional child-styles as presets under it, they will all inherit the same features.

For this reason, I provide full master .xml's, and child-style .xml's in the download package.

2. If you're referring to node icons and banners such as node backgrounds, my themes are compatible with TH Nodes addon and those settings will work fine. Custom node icons may work fine in my styles, if there is any bug I will of course assist.

Hope that helps, if you're still confused as to the style setup let me know!

Hi Viper,
While the skin is intended for gaming, it could easily be customized for other genres, such as tech or entertainment by switching images as you said.
As for the categories, if by the node listing categories, the styling is currently designed into the theme, however the forum category grid appearance can be toggled on or off. The gaming image backgrounds behind each forum node can also be changed or disabled completely to use a traditional row layout.

Hope that helps,

Where is the setting to change the node images background images. I found it before but now for the life of me cannot find it. lol

Edit: Dear god I am blind.... "Select which background type to use for nodes. The settings to customize your node backgrounds (both images or solid colors) are found in the template nl_node_backgrounds.less "

Last edited:
Where is the setting to change the node images background images. I found it before but now for the life of me cannot find it. lol

Edit: Dear god I am blind.... "Select which background type to use for nodes. The settings to customize your node backgrounds (both images or solid colors) are found in the template nl_node_backgrounds.less "
No problem :-). As always I'll mentioned that TH Nodes is a much easier system than mine if you're willing to purchase a plugin. My feature is just a tad harder because due to being written purely in the style itself (relying on Style Property settings and templates), you can't change easy settings via Admin -> Nodes like TH's plugin can.

Eventually if I can put in the time, I'll look into porting my theme features into powerful standalone plugins :-)

Thanks. Will take a look at the TH Nodes.
I am guessing that plugin works with this theme?
The last version of TH Nodes I tested had full compatibility. I'm always taking a look and making adjustments with their plugin with each theme patch. In the event of using it I recommend turning the theme's built in node grid option off, but as an "oops" fallback precaution my last test showed they actually work when both left on :D

Top Bottom