1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moderation Queue

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by ragtek, Feb 20, 2011.

1. ragtek

ragtek Guest

I've created a article system with own content types (including search,like,moderation handler)

My problem is, that the moderation queue updates not immediately, it took 1h, to change the number from 0 to 2.

If i go direct to the mod queue page, i can see the articles, but the mod bar shows the false number:(

The handler refreshes the cache, right?
    public function insertIntoModerationQueue($contentType$contentId$contentDate){..
    So AFAIK i don't need to do anything, just to add it into the handler, right?
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

As long as the method in the model is called, it should work automatically. I don't see any reason for it to not be triggered (as using that works locally).
  3. ragtek

ragtek Guest

It's really strange:(

When the counter is 0, and i create an article, it takes 1h to update the counter.
    But once it is >0 it changes immediately after creating a new article.
  4. Mike

Oh you didn't include that distinction. :) I will have to check that locally.
  5. ragtek

ragtek Guest

OK that's exactly happening:

I have nothing in the mod-queue.
    I create an article (it is set automatic to be moderated).
    The Mod-queue doesn't change, it is still 0 in the modbar.

If i click on the mod-queue, i'm getting redirected to the overview page, where i can see the new article.

If i wait ~1h, the counter changes.
    If i now create an new article, it changes immediately to 2.
    If i then approve the article, it changes immediately to 1.

Hope this helps^^
  6. Mike

I've just been testing this by unapproving a post (using inline mod), and the count is being updated. I can't see why the count wouldn't be updated if you're using the moderation queue model - except in a case where the stats stored in the session reflect the same time as the cache update (and I don't really think that should happen).

Can you reproduce the issue by unapproving a post?