• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Implemented Moderate only New Threads

Marc

Is it possible to moderate only new threads? ie. the original thread but not the replies? On looking at it and dont think its currently possible, however it supprises me that this cant be done which is why I am asking the question before I suggest it.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
If a user, user group or node has moderation enabled, then it is for all messages, not just new threads.

faeronsayn

This is a must for sure, it should definitely be in the core, I am currently using an addon for this, but this should be in the core for sure.

estranged

I think first posts and other posts should be separated in the system whenever possible. Not only for moderating but there should be separate permissions for editing/deleting of first post and other posts too.

Marc

Any movement on this one? I'll be honest and say its the one thing that drives me nuts and I cant see me being the only one.

faeronsayn

Well I've installed v1.1 and I seen no signs of such a feature.

Sadly, this is one of the most important features that needs to be implemented among other "core" features.

Hope to see this implemented soon.

Marc

Well I've installed v1.1 and I seen no signs of such a feature.

Sadly, this is one of the most important features that needs to be implemented among other "core" features.

Hope to see this implemented soon.
To be honest I would have thought this is how most people would use it. I could be wrong of course, however I personally have never used it in any other way