Mobile Suite for XenForo [Deleted]

@silence This service is fundamentally different in a few important ways; for one, you can control everything on a usergroup and user-upgrade level and the plugin looks and works like a plugin built for that platform, it is deeply integrated unlike a OS integration.

Another is that this plugin/service fills in the gaps for situations that do not support web push (for example, non-https sites and iPhones normally cannot use web push). We can scale these limitations by detecting such cases and prompting them to receive messages via SMS instead.

SMS delivery credits can be sold to members at a price of the admin's choosing and they can make a profit on the spread. Last but not least, we do not collect or sell you or your members' contact & browsing data to third parties as a main business model, while OS does (edit: as @Alfa1 says).

Costs for SMS? What powers the SMS, Twilio? If so do we buy credits direct from the source or is it through you?

Very promising this. I can see it as a very good monetisation path. As long as new users and guests can subscribe (and unsub) quickly and easily like with OneSignal, you could dish out x notifications per month to everyone and require a user upgrade if they want more or unlimited.

Costs for SMS? What powers the SMS, Twilio? If so do we buy credits direct from the source or is it through you?

Very promising this. I can see it as a very good monetisation path. As long as new users and guests can subscribe (and unsub) quickly and easily like with OneSignal, you could dish out x notifications per month to everyone and require a user upgrade if they want more or unlimited.
See here under Web Push > SMS; you buy credits from us, and it works exactly the way you describe (you specify how many credits/messages each user upgrade grants the buyer's account). Unlimited isn't possible, SMS messages have a hard cost :eek:
When you say iOS is it iPhones as a whole or can iPhone users receive notifications via Chrome?
Chrome on iOS/iPhones is just a reskinned Safari, so it can't use Chrome notifications. Normally that would be the end of it, but with our service iPhones can receive notifications via SMS.

Nice, so what's the SMS price per notification or per pack?

I get that they're not cheap, hence why a dedicated app will still probably still the best bet on the long run for forums?

At over 100 SMS per dollar, I imagine the SMS bill for a heavy SMS notification user could add up quick, making subscription a requirement.

I wonder what the relation between additional adclicks due to SMS/push reengagement vs the cost of the sms is.

Does this push ALL alerts, no matter from which add-on..? Or is this only XF Core like posts, messages, convos?

To me it would make sense for the admin to be able to set the default alerts for a subscription, especially if it was costing the admins money.

I wouldn't want to be paying for SMS alerts that someone's content had been like. But I'd be happy to pay for alerts the promoted engagement such as replies to PMs, when their content and their threads had been replied to.

What are the factors that effect fees?
If you have a global audience, how is it calculated? Did you have to declare the server as being hosted in one country and get charged fees according to the user's cell number origin in relation to that?

^^^^^^ That would be interesting to know... because I have almost 100 add-ons and every add-on has like 5-10 alerts and if a user opts to let all those alerts be send by SMS, it will cost me a lot of money...

Top Bottom