1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate Mobile Style

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by masterchief, Mar 1, 2012.

1. masterchief

masterchief Well-Known Member

I would like to see a default mobile style provided with XenForo software, out of the box. IMHO, this should have already happened, we are way behind the gear on this one. ~peace

2. Ranger375

Ranger375 Well-Known Member

They are already working on one

3. masterchief

lots of people have been working on that... I will be very happy to see it listed as NEW feature during a future upgrade process.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This is a duplicate suggestion.

5. masterchief

thank you brogan .. do you have any insight into when this is going to happen or at all?

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's in development.
    That's all I can say at the moment.

Eagle likes this.
  7. masterchief

thank you. really looking forward to its release.

Eagle likes this.
  8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Will there be a mobile app?

9. Raydianze

Raydianze Member

Mobile devices are pretty well the "next" phase of Internet growth and importance! this is urgently needed!

10. masterchief

I still maintain vBulletin Publishing Suite license, latest update includes default mobile style. XenForo will surely follow, although I would have preferred to have XenForo software offering default mobile style first. ~peace

11. masterchief

If the style is well designed why would we need an app??? smartphones are very capable devices.

12. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Because a lot of people don't know how to bookmark sites. Just because the phone is 'smart' doesn't mean the user is.

gordy likes this.
  13. masterchief

A lot of people do not know to defrag their hard drive either... LOL

the style can provide bookmark function.

14. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

That's easier said than done. The bookmark function should have it's own icon so that it looks like a mobile app and be able to be shown on both iOS and Android smartphones.

15. masterchief

dont know what you are worried about... a user likes your site and he/she will find it. a process of marketing dont you think... my site with mobile style recognizes when a mobile device visits and automatically switches to mobile style. an app does not contribute to either one of those issues, but rather just another widget for the user to learn, and with what limited resources available to mobile devices we should exploit the OS to its maximum rather than installing MORE external apps. IMHO

16. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Kinda hard to remember a name like the8thlegion.com That's why I need a mobile app. Countless times I've hovered over someone's shoulder watching them get confused on how to type something simple like the8thlegion So I know from real-life, offline results why mobile apps are needed. People can't spell man. Some don't even know how to bookmark.

17. masterchief

my droidx maintains its own bookmarks, I have to erase a site if I do not want it stored, it is automatic.

you are using tapatalk for accessing with a mobile device... I do not like having to install another application in order to visit a website. a major turnoff for me.

18. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I agree, that's why xenforo should release it's own app like vbulletin did.

gordy likes this.
  19. masterchief

the NEW vBulletin default mobile style does not use nor require an app for access... it switches automatically to mobile style whenever a mobile device signs on to the site ..

the app is needed to compensate for lack of suitable mobile style .. lets get the robust mobile style and then we are worry free all around

20. gordy

gordy Well-Known Member

There is room for both app and style.

Choice. Consumer (visitor) choice is always an edge.

kontrabass, bambua and The8thLegion like this.