Mobile Suite for XenForo [Deleted]

If I want to use this addon, but no SMS option, how can I reach those users

a) with Apple iphones, who do not have facebook or whatsapp?
b) android users, who do not use facebook or whatsapp?

c) Any plans to offer this also for threema or signal as a messenger service?
Am in the same trap.. most of my users won't use the FB app to get this, which is preventing us from going ahead sadly.
I do believe they mentioned that an option for this will be out mid next year though and can be native without use or need for the FB messenger app.

As always, I can not wait :)

I really need something like this asap, to push traffic. I would be even willing to pay for it. It is now the best season to "wake up" old users. We have a couple of weeks until christmas. The best time to reactivate old users. In 6 months before the summer holiday, they will not care because they are outside in the sun and not in the internet. They neither need to buy something in summer like in winter time.

If I want to use this addon, but no SMS option, how can I reach those users

a) with Apple iphones, who do not have facebook or whatsapp?
b) android users, who do not use facebook or whatsapp?

c) Any plans to offer this also for threema or signal as a messenger service?
A. As @trapped_soul said if you do not have Messenger (which IIRC doesn't require Facebook anymore) you can wait for the native implementation. The Messenger implementation does not request any data from the user and it's not an issue for most communities.

B. We already support native notifications for Android mobile as well as desktop and macOS; Messenger is there only to fill in the gaps where native notifications don't yet exist (iOS, IE, etc).

C. No plans at this time.

Anyone using this, can you link me to your site via PC or post it, I want to "experience" the facebook integration on the user end please

It doesn't seem to work on your site.
This wording makes no sense to me:

Screenshot-2017-11-22 New Posts El Nino Online Gaming.webp
Clicking it has no effect. It always occupies the footer and does not go away. Nor does it change after clicking.

The wording doesn't make sense because there is supposed to be a "Send to Messenger" button below the text but there isn't. There are a few reasons this can occur (some sort of ad blocker is blocking the Facebook domain, another mod is breaking JS, etc); an update will be out shortly.

I signed up to that forum but it seems usergroup permissions have disabled the mod for my usergroup.

turnkeymobileapps updated Mobile Push Notifications for XenForo with a new update entry:

v1.0.4

• Messenger push notification box will now not show if Facebook domain is blocked by ad blockers/extensions
  • Clarified wording for turning on Messenger notifications and removed Ok button where it's unusable
  • Added notice to instructions to never "reinstall"
  • Secret key option is now editable for reinstalls
  • Secret key now sent to email address for reinstalls to prevent duplicate accounts
Follow the instructions in UPGRADE.txt to apply this update.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
@Lemminator It was working, but for @Alfa1 it appears some sort of ad blocker or extension was causing the Send to Messenger button to not show since it's powered by the Facebook domain.

Top Bottom