1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing Header Moderation Tools?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by FredC, Jan 13, 2011.

1. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Seems the Moderation Que and Reported Items Vanished after i upgraded to Beta6 Any ideas? I checked the obvious culprits (permissions) already.
    Capture_01132011_134525.jpg

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you have any outdated templates?

I don't see the problem here or on my test install.

3. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Hmm yeah i reverted all my outdated templates on my default style and its still the same.

Maybe ill try removing and adding a mod again thats what worked when this happened on my initial import.

Well that didnt work either..

4. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Interesting.. same thing on the stock default style..
    Capture_01132011_141227.jpg

5. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

If you had an addon change a template though it might cause the system to not update templates. You may need to revert templates. I had to do that back in Beta 4ish when template hooks were added.

6. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

I actually did revert all the templates on the Default style, it didnt change anything above the header. On that style.. I doubt reverting all my templates on the other style would change that?? [​IMG] I dunno im always the one that has problems nobody else has and never have the issues everyone else does.. weird stuff.

7. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, What is the criteria for having those tools above the header?? The reason i ask is because one of my moderators with the exact same permissions as the rest of my mods couldn't ever see those tools. To a degree it seems like the problem has just spread to the rest of the staff now, including myself (Super Admin).

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You have to be a moderator to see them - I don't think the logic changed in Beta 6, but I could be wrong. Go into the admin CP, the moderator list, and edit each mod there (don't change anything, just save). Does it appear then?

Shelley likes this.
  9. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike, That did it.. I had already done this once but i did it from the Admin Group.. Saving the mods from the Moderating group seems to have fixed it completely..

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Active Member

The template seems to have gained a permissions check. At least it has in the two builds I have (I have one site with Beta 6 and one with Beta 5).

11. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Are we going to have to do this every time?

12. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

Three others are in the additional admin usergroup and still can't see moderation and report.
    Do they need to be also set to mod or supermod?

Edit: I updated the permissions in moderating.
    Forum Moderator Permissions
    Is that something new?

13. Brogan

Administrators are not moderators - they are two separate functions.

You will need to make them Moderators if you want them to have access to the various mod tools.

14. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

Permissions set and OK now.
    Guess you typed before my edited post.

But is this something new since b5 mods where able to see moderation/report?

15. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

But still those function's are missing for me even after setting the Permission as moderators interesting.

16. Brogan

Have you explicitly made yourself a Moderator?

17. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

Steven needs to explain that how he did it .

18. Brogan

Just click on Users -> Moderators and add yourself.

iTuN3r likes this.
  19. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

Ye that seems to work now.

20. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

One question how come we have to do this on Version ? i thought last beta releases had these by default .