Missing files - Site health check

Capital Cichlid

I just moved my site to a new server. I manually downloaded my files and manually uploaded them using FTP. The website is moved but now I am seeing 8 missing files on the dashboard home page, they are all referring to Ads manager. I just doubled checked on the server and I can confirm all the files that Xenforo is complaining about are there and nothing is missing on the server.

These are the files Xenforo says that are missing:
Ads Manager
data/siropu/am/index.html Missing
data/siropu/am/package/index.html Missing
data/siropu/am/user/index.html Missing
js/siropu/am/admin.min.js Missing
js/siropu/am/ads.min.js Missing
js/siropu/am/core.min.js Missing
js/siropu/am/create.min.js Missing
js/siropu/am/invoice.min.js Missing

I can confirm I am seeing an error in console when I browse the website:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()

which is referring to : /forums/js/siropu/am/core.min.js?_v=a1790ea1

Any idea what this could be and how to fix it?

Thanks

I narrowed this down to core files in file system are case-sensitive but the links to the files in Xenforo are all lower case.

Example, in Chrome, I am getting 404 not found for this link: /forums/js/siropu/am/core.min.js

but when I look up the file as below then the link is working fine:

/forums/js/Siropu/AM/core.min.js

How do I fix this? Is this a Url Rewrite task in .htaccess? Something like this below?

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /
RewriteMap insensitive tolower:
RewriteRule ^[/](.)$ /${insensitive:$1} [R,L]

Thanks

I just double-checked this with my hosting company and it turns out the above solution won't help my case.

This is what they say:

If your URLs have some upper case, and you want lower case to work, you’re outta luck.

Usually such things are settled and followed during the application development.

The best practice is to keep the URLs in lowercase and make sure that they are either identical or dynamically rendered (preferable).

What happens if I change my folder names in my file system to lower case? Will I run into the same issue next time I upgrade Xenforo?

Is there a documentation somewhere addressing this problem? This looks like an application problem to me, the software has lower case links to references to some .js and .html files but the actual folder names in file system are capitalized.

I believe and could be wrong but, The files in question are from a Siropu add-on, (Ads Manager) not core xF files.

Did you uninstall the add-on, per chance? It seems like the files were removed but the add-on itself may still be active?

Hey Max,

I did not uninstall anything, only moved the site from server to another server and now we are seeing this issue with missing files.

So if it's not core file then I'll be file with future Xenforo upgrades, so it's safe to manually change the folder names to lower case to match with the URL references, right?

Thanks

Hey Max,

I did not uninstall anything, only moved the site from server to another server and now we are seeing this issue with missing files.

So if it's not core file then I'll be file with future Xenforo upgrades, so it's safe to manually change the folder names to lower case to match with the URL references, right?

Thanks
Need to find out why the health check expects to find those files if they're not there.

Top Bottom