• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Minified JavaScript

Zumega

I have made some small modifications to /js/xenforo/full/xenforo.js. This works great in my sandbox running in debug mode. Once I push my changes to production and Xenforo starts using /js/xenforo/xenforo.js my changes are ignored since they are in the minified version. What is the best way to incorporate my changes from /js/full/xenforo.js to /js/xenforo.js?

Thanks.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Why don't you just minify the modified full js file?

A quick search on Google results in quite a few sites and apps which will do that.

Zumega

When I tried that some of the functionality stops and I get JS errors. The main JS error is:
jQuery Tools is not loaded

This surprised me since the two files are suppose to be the same. Maybe we missed something when upgrading to 1.1.1

Zumega

Ok some more digging and I discovered that /js/xenforo/xenforo.js is NOT just a minified version of /js/xenforo/full/xenforo.js. The prior is a minified version of multiple files, so the only part that gets replaced is the last block of JS in that file; this is the minified version of /full/xenforo.js.