MineSync, for XF1

MineSync, for XF1 [Paid] 2.1.2

No permission to buy (£30.00)
Quick question before buying, what do i use on the servers side to get this synced up? Does it matter if i'd use Spigot or Sponge?
@nanocode Any plans to write this to work with Forge in the future? Specifically MC v1.10.2 and Forge 12.18.3.2281?

Hey. Just to update you, we've decided to endorse the Sponge project further. One of the ways we'll do that is by porting MineSync over to support Sponge. We'll keep you updated, but should have a build by next month to support Sponge.

Hey. Just to update you, we've decided to endorse the Sponge project further. One of the ways we'll do that is by porting MineSync over to support Sponge. We'll keep you updated, but should have a build by next month to support Sponge.

Sweet! Any chance you will allow xenforo to minecraft group sync, not just minecraft to xenforo? This way people can manage membership from xenforo once group permissions are created.

Sweet! Any chance you will allow xenforo to minecraft group sync, not just minecraft to xenforo? This way people can manage membership from xenforo once group permissions are created.
It's planned to be a feature for a while, but it won't be present until the XF2 rewrite of MineSync. It will not be present in the XF1 version(s) of MineSync.

nanocode updated MineSync, by nanocode with a new update entry:

v2.0.0-rc.1 (release candidate 1)

This is our first release candidate release for MineSync.

This release fixes some bugs reported within MineSync and reorganises some code. This build shows assurance that the build should be free of bugs after extensive internal testing and community feedback.

Changes include:
  • Better error if changing groups is disabled
  • Fixed priority group selection, which actually respects the priorities set
  • Fixed automatic changing of groups if a higher priority group is later assigned...

Read the rest of this update entry...

nanocode updated MineSync, by nanocode with a new update entry:

v2.0.1 update

This update is a x.x.X level release, so it maintenance release. This update contains the following bug fixes / other changes:

* Bug fix: forcing registration via Minecraft server now properly works.
* Bug fix: The registration page, when registering and linking an account at the same time, correctly shows your avatar.

Customers can download the update from their licenses area, at: https://nanocode.io/licenses

Read the rest of this update entry...

This looks like an awesome plugin, only thing holding me back right now is I use XF2... Which I know is still really new so I'm not complaining, just letting you know you'd have a potential customer if you supported XF2 as well ;) or, once you do support it.

This looks like an awesome plugin, only thing holding me back right now is I use XF2... Which I know is still really new so I'm not complaining, just letting you know you'd have a potential customer if you supported XF2 as well ;) or, once you do support it.
XF2 version is in the works :)

It should be released later this month. It's mostly complete, just styling (the part I hate the most) and testing left to do.

XF2 version is in the works :)

It should be released later this month. It's mostly complete, just styling (the part I hate the most) and testing left to do.
I actually program by trade, whatever my bosses need me to program, PHP included, but if the tool already exists why write it myself right? Though I feel you on that right on. Coding I love, making pretty... not so much. I'm bad at that part.

Anyway good luck I'll be watching this space for when you announce the XF2 version :)

Also I'd happily test... I've done QA work before.

Last edited:
I actually program by trade, whatever my bosses need me to program, PHP included, but if the tool already exists why write it myself right? Though I feel you on that right on. Coding I love, making pretty... not so much. I'm bad at that part.

Anyway good luck I'll be watching this space for when you announce the XF2 version :)

Also I'd happily test... I've done QA work before.
The best (or worst, depending on your job) part is that usability and end user experience remains one of the most important aspects. Usually I like to design the frontend first, as annoying as it can be, and refine that before I treat myself to something far less annoying (the backend). Usability and end user experience always remains the priority.

Even though it's a code rewrite, since MineSync 2.0 was coded with good logic, so it's mostly just a case of transferring to XF2 concepts rather than doing a whole logic rewrite (like MineSync 1.x -> 2.x which took quite a long time, too).

Much appreciated on the testing! I'll probably go for some (few) beta stages before it goes into stable, just to make sure there are no features lacking or any bugs. The beta stages usually depend on the customers more than myself, so the more bug reports or testing that happens the faster it goes into stable.

I did plough through this weekend and get most the styling done. A couple more days of testing and it should be released, presuming nothing too bad happens.

Last edited:
I haven't purchased yet because I don't know if there's licensing difference that would need me to buy it twice (though have no problem supporting fellow developers of course). But if you say the purchase counts for both I'll put in the cash sooner than later.

Last edited:
I haven't purchased yet because I don't know if there's licensing difference that would need me to buy it twice (though have no problem supporting fellow developers of course). But if you say the purchase counts for both I'll put in the cash sooner than later.
Best to hold off until the release. The XF2 version is going to be treat as a separate version. Both versions will continue to be maintained for feature and support updates, at least for the time being. If you have no plans to ever use the XF1 version, it's not really going to be worth buying both of them (though, if you really want to, I'm certainly not going to say no :p ).

Best to hold off until the release. The XF2 version is going to be treat as a separate version. Both versions will continue to be maintained for feature and support updates, at least for the time being. If you have no plans to ever use the XF1 version, it's not really going to be worth buying both of them (though, if you really want to, I'm certainly not going to say no :p ).
I appreciate the honesty. I'll hold off and keep an eye out.

Hey!

I've sent in an email but haven't had a response. I'm having a quite serious issue with the forced forum registration in-game. With the latest update it works more than it did, and gives an error when trying to sign up via the forums, but it also gives an error when trying to sign up in-game.

We have some serious spam issues on our forums, and this is our only real solution to prevent it - so I'm somewhat counting on this feature to work properly.

Is there anyone I can speak to on a more live basis (Discord?), to help troubleshoot this issue and work towards a solution? I'd like to be of as much assistance as possible if it can help get the issue fixed asap.

Thanks in advance!

While I'm here, I wanted to also mention a quick suggestion that shouldn't be too hard as far as I'm concerned. This is something I would have preferred over the forced-register. Is an option to only allow linked users to create threads a plausible addition?

Hey!

I've sent in an email but haven't had a response. I'm having a quite serious issue with the forced forum registration in-game. With the latest update it works more than it did, and gives an error when trying to sign up via the forums, but it also gives an error when trying to sign up in-game.

We have some serious spam issues on our forums, and this is our only real solution to prevent it - so I'm somewhat counting on this feature to work properly.

Is there anyone I can speak to on a more live basis (Discord?), to help troubleshoot this issue and work towards a solution? I'd like to be of as much assistance as possible if it can help get the issue fixed asap.

Thanks in advance!
While I'm here, I wanted to also mention a quick suggestion that shouldn't be too hard as far as I'm concerned. This is something I would have preferred over the forced-register. Is an option to only allow linked users to create threads a plausible addition?

We don't have any pending tickets we haven't responded to, and I don't remember a recent query on this issue.

I'd ask you to submit a ticket via our ticket portal for support. https://apantic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Please also provide & attach all relevant information, including *all* relevant error logs and detailed reproduction steps to get the issue resolved as quickly as possible. Also please submit the ticket with the email you used to purchase your license.

We don't have any pending tickets we haven't responded to, and I don't remember a recent query on this issue.

I'd ask you to submit a ticket via our ticket portal for support. https://apantic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Please also provide & attach all relevant information, including *all* relevant error logs and detailed reproduction steps to get the issue resolved as quickly as possible. Also please submit the ticket with the email you used to purchase your license.
Thanks for the reply. I've re-sent another ticket with similar information, let me know if you have issues getting this one as it may be an issue on my end.

Also, is this the place to make suggestions such as the one above, or is there somewhere more official for that?

Also, is this the place to make suggestions such as the one above, or is there somewhere more official for that?
Sorry for the late response to this query, could've sworn I replied to this. Probably just left it as a draft or something.

Here is fine, but tickets are usually preferred so we can inform you of any progress made in your suggestion. Tickets are also monitored much more, if in working hours (more like waking hours) your query/suggestion will get seen almost instantly.

Top Bottom