XF 1.5 Migrated from IPS 4.1, profile pics not working

Tom

Hey,

I've imported all of my data from IPS 4.1 to XenForo and all of the users etc have been moved over successfully. However, the profile pics do not seem to be working.

We hosted everything on Amazon S3 with IPS, including attachments and profile pictures etc... Is there anyway of either recovering these back onto the server and hooking them up to XenForo that way or hooking XenForo directly up to S3?

Cheers,
Tom

Unfortunately, the avatars are only imported if they're available locally (based on the /uploads directory of your IPB path). You would need to bring them back to be stored locally and then redo the import to bring them over. (This would involve restoring a pre-import backup or doing a fresh install as otherwise data may be duplicated.)

Would this require me to reinstall IPS or is there a way of doing it without? It's just that my IPS install was badly broken, to the point where I couldn't even access the ACP.

Also, is there anyway I could host all files from the Resources Centre on Amazon S3 or similar?

Last edited:
You wouldn't need to reinstall IPS.
Just have the directories containing the avatars and attachments on the same server and enter the path in the import settings.

Reactions: Tom
Top Bottom