• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

mercQueue 1.0.0 Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

mercQueue is now in a useable state. There are a few features missing which will be outlined below.

mercQueue is a mod used for people who want to read/view something but don't have time, they can add it to a their queue and get back to it later. This version is just for queueing threads to be read later however it supports content types like various XenForo systems, alerts, attachments, likes etc, making it easily extended. For example by a media add-on to work like YouTubes 'watch later' playlist.​

Upcoming additions for 1.0.0
  • permissions to use the queue
  • permission checks from each queue handler, incase something someone queued is no longer viable etc
  • when viewing the full list ability to edit/add a note
  • when removing an item from the queue an "Undo" link will be shown and viewable until a new page load
  • possibly other things to queue or other features you request
  • pagination on the full queue page
  • code in areas needs to be improved, was rushed... also renaming some things

very nice idea my suggestion to you are:
  • Maybe you should change the term "queue" to bookmarks, or favorite...
  • The ability to "queue" threads from the thread view
  • "queue" posts

This is for reading stuff later. Or viewing stuff. Browsers handle bookmarks, I don't see why a website should.

I probably will add the queue from thread view.

I don't see the point of queing a post but if people who use it want it then I will add it.

Actually I'm thinking of just making this bookmarks. And add ability to bookmark posts as well.

I like the idea. I think the term 'Bookmarks' is a term most people understand rather than queue tbh, it would get used more if it was bookmarks I think

Yeah I'm thinking the same. Next release will have a new name. Means I will have to change it a little though. Might even add the ability to have a bookmarks bar or something.

Post It Bookmarks addon is more to my liking... personally, I just dont see need for this one on my system.

Yeah. This is more something I needed and wanted to make a while ago for a break from all the other code I work on. I will rename it to bookmarks and enhance slightly and get another beta out. Then I can make a 1.1 release to do what people want.

Essentially it just allowed you to bookmark posts, add a comment for the bookmarks and also set them public or private.
They all appeared in a tab on your profile, with only the public ones visible to other members.

It was a nice add-on and integrated very nicely with XenForo, utilising the same JS effects, etc.

I was just about to install it on my own site when it was pulled by the author.

Essentially it just allowed you to bookmark posts, add a comment for the bookmarks and also set them public or private.
They all appeared in a tab on your profile, with only the public ones visible to other members.

It was a nice add-on and integrated very nicely with XenForo, utilising the same JS effects, etc.

I was just about to install it on my own site when it was pulled by the author.

it was pulled??? I still use it..

postit.webp

The author removed the add-on file and asked for the thread to be deleted a while ago.

That sounds good. I am now thinking a more advanced version of that. Similar to the thread prefix system.

The user can create tags (the same as admins make thread prefixes) and when they bookmark a post or thread they can select the tag to use. When creating the tags they can also set them to private or public to show the public bookmarks on their profile, without tags.. I think.. maybe with. So like sorting emails with tags and having some emails shown to the public.

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom