1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Member Card

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Sir nick, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Sir nick

Sir nick Well-Known Member

Hello guys; Here's an idea that i thought of after looking at one of Shelley threads;

So you guys see this picture
    [​IMG]

My suggestion is to remove all the black room. It should pickup what the avatar size is and then close in on it.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

So you want the software to resize the avatar to fit the black area?
    Like this?

card.png

As you can see, when resizing up, a considerable loss of quality is the result due to the resampling.

3. Sir nick

Maybe resize down and add some more information in the members card.

4. Brogan

So design the content and layout around the smallest avatar that someone might use?

And for larger avatars?

5. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I think the avatar container should and will remain static because auto-resizing which is fine but adding additional data would pose issues. You never can tell what size any one persons avatar will be. The container keeps that consistency.

6. Shelley

I modified a couple of templates to get that smaller avatar which is now set at 96px square. Just to give you a feel what a smaller sized avatar will look like on the member card.

membercard-small-avatar.png

Sir nick likes this.
  7. Sir nick

Shelby thats great; I like how all the black space is removed.

8. Shelley

I'm glad you like it but seriously my name is not "shelby".

Nasr likes this.
  9. Brogan

What about larger avatars?
    Shelley's member card only has black space because she is using a small image.

10. compwhizii

compwhizii Active Member

I like it how it is now, all the cards have the exact same layout and are not affected by avatar size.

11. Sir nick

It then adjusts to fit the avatar.

12. Shelley

It should do. But doesn't at present I tried it and then applied a 200px avatar and the membercard data overlaps onto the avatar. Looks like this could be more trouble than it's worth unless I'm missing something. I'll need to investigate further on my board see if I can find a solution I haven't really spent much time with it tbh.