XF 2.2 Maximum images vs. attachments in a message

Kilt

Totally newbie admin here.

In ACP>Setup>Options>Messages, there is "Maximum images per message" (set to 20).

In ACP>Setup>Options>Attachments, there is "Maximum attachments per message" (set to 10).

What is the difference between these two settings, which I suppose includes what is the difference between images and attachments, and will these two settings (20 and 10) conflict?

This question arises mainly in the context of how many pictures can a member embed in a post.

Images are embed with img-bbcode
Images are saved at the www or at your own server
Images in this case can only be images like jpg, jpeg, png, bmp, gif

Attachments are uploaded directly and can embeded with attach-bbcode
Attachments are saved at your own webspace/Server
Attachments can be pictures, but also documents, sound files, video files or much more

Attachments can be pictures, but also documents, sound files, video files or much more
From a practical user-facing standpoint, this is the real difference. I use attachments to post documents like the budget I do to show much it costs to run the place (not much)

Are "attachments" only those things, including pictures, that are appended using the Attach Files button (paperclip icon)? And are those the only things subject to my 10 attachments limit? If so, then I assume that images embedded via the Insert Image button are subject to my 20 images limit.

Maximum images per message" (set to 20) means you can only upload 20 images using the insert image button, or only 10 images are allowed in one message/post/article.

Maximum attachments per message" (set to 10) means you can only attach 10 files using Attach files button.

Top Bottom