Material

Material 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
@Mike Creuzer @ThemeHouse @Audentio @silence Seem to be having a strange issue with covers and Material on a dev board. Without covers installed, the sidebar shows up name etc fine - install covers (Latest xF, RM, MG) and the sidebar block where the cover should be vanishes, along with the name. Re-installed, re-uploaded, same thing....what gives? Permissions all look OK as well. Running the latest version of xF, XMG and XRM - all other plugins are TH.

Cover not installed - note block shows properly.

cover-issue.webp

Cover installed

cover-issue2.webp

@Mike Creuzer @ThemeHouse @Audentio @silence Seem to be having a strange issue with covers and Material on a dev board. Without covers installed, the sidebar shows up name etc fine - install covers (Latest xF, RM, MG) and the sidebar block where the cover should be vanishes, along with the name. Re-installed, re-uploaded, same thing....what gives? Permissions all look OK as well. Running the latest version of xF, XMG and XRM - all other plugins are TH.

Cover not installed - note block shows properly.

View attachment 152242

Cover installed

View attachment 152243

Hey Thom, hope you're well? :-)

@ThemeHouse, exactly the same on my live board. I didn't even realise, but just checked my install and get exactly the same as @Thom Tyler using Covers with Material.

Hey Thom, hope you're well? :)

@ThemeHouse, exactly the same on my live board. I didn't even realise, but just checked my install and get exactly the same as @Thom Tyler using Covers with Material.

I'm going to test the older version Rob - see if its related to the newer release.

Nope, 1.6 and 1.7 are the same...... so it displays fine on profile view, but not forumhome.

cover-issue3.webp

Last edited:
Hiya folks, thank you so much for reporting this issue. We will fix this issue in our next release but if you'd like it fixed quicker, please create a ticket on our website.

Will respond to ticket as well, but that is odd if indeed permissions and settings are setup correctly. If you both are experiencing it, thats even stranger so could be some odd bug.

Is there an issue with word wrap in Chrome? I noticed that both in posts and information displayed in the account drop down, the text breaks in the middle of words, I am using chrome right now and I see the text wrapping properly as I type. When I post this reply, it will probably be OK on this site, so it may be site specific or it may be something about material, which we are running on our site.

I also noticed on our site that the account drop down is fixed and z-axis elevated to show above the text as I would expect. However the floating new thread button has a higher z axis position and covers the bottom right of the account drop down where the logout link appears. It can still be clicked, but it confuses some of my users.

I thought it would be a simple CSS edit to give it a higher z level, but I could not find the code. It is using Javascript. I think and I thought I found the CSS for the side bar with a z-axis value of 51, but I could not find the floating button and I could not make it go above the button by adjusting the z axis value.

I may not have flushed my browser cache when experimenting with it. If the values are actually stored in the Javascript that may be the issue. I just brought this notion here really to check the word wrap behavior with Chrome.

Is there an issue with word wrap in Chrome? I noticed that both in posts and information displayed in the account drop down, the text breaks in the middle of words, I am using chrome right now and I see the text wrapping properly as I type. When I post this reply, it will probably be OK on this site, so it may be site specific or it may be something about material, which we are running on our site.

this is a known issue that has been patched for the next release. Open up uix.css and find (and remove)
Code:
a:link {word-break: break-all;}

That should fix it in a long URL, but it also happens on normal text in posts and in the account info drop down for example. It is only in Chrome that I see it. FF, Opera and IE are fine.

I am a beginner with XF, can I make that edit in AdminCP?

Ive actually not been able to track down the issue yet, which is odd. Its a high priority for me.

It's a shame when I am paying you guys for a subscription, to be told that you could not find the issue - yet I get an email from another customer who did find the mistake and in fact, has an entire github of bugs and fixes which people have asked for fixes on. I won't name said person as they messaged me directly, so clearly don't want to be public (Think of it as a Xenforo Bat man) so - Thank you very much, worked a treat! You know who you are! @Mackeral_Fillet if you need the fix still - I can give you it.

It's a shame when I am paying you guys for a subscription, to be told that you could not find the issue - yet I get an email from another customer who did find the mistake and in fact, has an entire github of bugs and fixes which people have asked for fixes on. I won't name said person as they messaged me directly, so clearly don't want to be public (Think of it as a Xenforo Bat man) so - Thank you very much, worked a treat! You know who you are! @Mackeral_Fillet if you need the fix still - I can give you it.
Our dev has just returned from vacation we will have any reported issues patched. Iveessaged him to let him know we will try to get material updates this week.

ThemeHouse updated Material with a new update entry:

Minor bug fixes and enhancements 1.5.13.1

Changelog for Material:

• Long usernames overlap in the sidebar
  • Bad looking pages and overlays
  • Disable button ripple JS when it's not used
  • Missing last seen on membercards
  • Button overlaps on mobile devices
  • Reports aren't themed well on mobile
  • The side panel icon is too small
  • Sidebar overlaps on mobile
  • Member card styling issue