Material

Material 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
I also posted a similar suggestion for RM and XFMG interface

I really hope to see a Material interface for both official add-ons.

Indeed - I really want to see their add-ons built in (styling wise) to their themes. Why there isn't a link to the shop, I have no idea. Seems really strange.

Site I'm currently working is only on Localhost at the moment, but in general, there needs to be out-of-the-box support. Appreciate the site is new as well, but not all the downloads are working either.

Two glitches on iOS (latest version), on Safari, on iPhone 5c (very small screen):

Select thread box shows (I think) the original one and the material icon:
IMG_0045.webp

On the forum overview, the latest thread text goes out of the forum node:
IMG_0046.webp

I don't get the logic - it no longer looks like Material at all - was there a reason you chose this theme as base for it - UI.X could of been just as good? I'm intrigued more than anything.

haha, I chose the theme more for the profile cover being on the membercard. That's just slick. Took the code and applied it to UI.X, but didn't look right, so just building my custom style around it.

This by far is the best theme made by @ThemeHouse. I've been running a very early version of this theme for awhile that my custom theme was built on which is being updated to work with the newer version of Material. Looking at the early version I was running to this version it has really been polished and made to be a very beautiful theme. Great job @Mike Creuzer, @Ian Hitt, @Jake B., and everyone else that was involved in making this theme.

Last edited:
Thanks all, will be doing another update soon. :)

This by far is the best theme made by @ThemeHouse. I've been running a very early version of this theme for awhile that my custom theme was built on which is being updated to work with the newer version of Material. Looking at the early version I was running to this version it has really been polished and made to be a very beautiful theme. Great job @Mike Creuzer, @Ian Hitt, @Jake B., everyone else that was involved in making this theme.

Thank you Ernest and everyone to help test the theme. As with all our products refining is sometimes time consuming but we always aim for bug-free. :) Appreciate the kind words, and yes we plan on bringing this theme to XF2. :)

Well yours was about a year old, so A LOT changed. But yeah, it'll be fairly painless. Worth noting that anything customized in your custom theme will need merging, but thats true of any heavily customized theme.

Well I know that merging will be needed. I just know how much "fun" this update was. Was hoping any additional updates won't be as "fun".

@Thom Tyler just so you know I'm not meaning anything bad about the theme. It's that my custom theme was based off a very old version of the Material theme that I helped fund to be made. They just polished it up a bunch and some work had to be done on my custom theme to make it compatible with the update. Awesome theme just made better by the polishing they did from then till the public release of Material.

Anyone can recommend the ideal resolution for images being used as node backgrounds? Especially when that same image is being used as the background of the Forum title on individual forum list pages.

@Thom Tyler just so you know I'm not meaning anything bad about the theme. It's that my custom theme was based off a very old version of the Material theme that I helped fund to be made. They just polished it up a bunch and some work had to be done on my custom theme to make it compatible with the update. Awesome theme just made better by the polishing they did from then till the public release of Material.

Hi,

I may have missed something - I didn't think you were! :) - As for the theme, I like it and I am using it for a project.

Hi,

I may have missed something - I didn't think you were! :) - As for the theme, I like it and I am using it for a project.

I said what I said because you liked my post about "fun" updating the theme as when I tried updating to this version it broke my custom theme. Didn't want you or anyone thinking I was bashing the theme or the company that made it.

For next version I'd like to see if possible:

Improved Styling for XMG and RM
Support for TH Add-ons (Tab for the TH Credit shop like on Rekt on top-right)
Potential styling improvements for major third party add-ons (Showcase and CTA FT)
General clean up of bugs

Not sure if this is also a bug, but for some reason, Sponsor Directory does not create a nav link with Material either.

Top Bottom