Material

Material 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Yeah, I guess I thought the "node options" would support multiple styles, but it appears it doesn't. The official documentation doesn't really describe much other than it is part of UI.X, and it lists the colors that can be used on the nodes.

I mean, how would you set it to color the node title as well as the "last message" block underneath it? Would that be through a style property?

thumbnail_large.png

If I understand correctly you want to do different node colors? If that is correct, then for each node you would go to the Node Options, find the class to append to node info. Then set the value to something like: isMetro metro-orange

That should turn it orange. Then you can go to the next node, and do something like: isMetro metro-cyan

If thats not correct let me know.

Same thing for image though. You can do: isMetro metro-image

Then, go the next tab over to Styling tab. And you can set your image there. Just realized thats not in documentation, adding now! :)

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 3.11.00 PM.webp

I've bought the style yesterday and do not understand how to set the colors.

I've found where to put the isMetro, but do not understand where to put the metro-image nor the colors.

I also do not understand where to set the image on top of the forum. Not the logo but the image behind 'Welcome to Material'.

Thanks in advance!

Hopefully the above works but let me know if you need clarification! :)

I can give nodes different colors, that's easy enough through the node options, but in the image I provided, those individual nodes have 2 different tones to a color that I was trying to achieve. (purple on the bottom, lighter purple on the top, for example). I assume that is done through a template edit.

upload_2017-1-19_15-32-52.webp

Actually, I think I'll have to resort to template edits for most of the changes I want, the node options are global across all styles, which isn't really what I want.

I can give nodes different colors, that's easy enough through the node options, but in the image I provided, those individual nodes have 2 different tones to a color that I was trying to achieve. (purple on the bottom, lighter purple on the top, for example). I assume that is done through a template edit.

View attachment 146636

Actually, I think I'll have to resort to template edits for most of the changes I want, the node options are global across all styles, which isn't really what I want.
Yeah that two tone thing is just a single class. I updated the documentation a bit to hopefully make it a bit more clear. But to get that purple you shouldn't have to do anything other than add: isMetro metro-purple

Thanks, I must have mucked mine all up. I only have white as the color for the bottom area of the node, and the icons don't work at all. But I'll work all that through a ticket.

So I assume there is no way to have the background images show up on Material but not on Xenith.
There is. We added a style property to display all node styling it's under UI.X Nodes style property. Toggle that on your Xenith child theme and you're good to go!

@Mike Creuzer thanks for your replies!

Three questions:

How do I turn on the profile image in the widget area.
Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 21.55.08.webp Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 21.56.22.webp

How do I keep the background on once logged in?
Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 21.56.28.webp

How do I turn on the profile image in the member popup?
Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 21.57.48.webp

Thanks in advance!

Found a possible bug. If somebody forgets to place uploaded images in a message, I usually moderate and correct (place image in message).
I cannot place any uploaded images when I moderate. When I switch to the Xenforo default skin, it works.

Hi @Mike Creuzer @ThemeHouse

I'm perplexed by this theme. Its brilliant, but at the same time there seem to be some glaring omissions, especially now you offer the bundle ($24.99 a month for everything)

1. The Quick post / Thread / Media button seems to sit really far down the screen - this should surely be higher up?
2. A theme that doesn't directly support some of your add-ons (No user menu link to the AD shop next to the user avatar - I paid a fair bit for Credits / Shop and feel it is underdeveloped)
3. Not related to the theme directly, but several add-ons do not work on your downloads page (States error occured - The branding removal and the one above it on the download list
4. Lack of styling for first party add-ons - The media Gallery have bolded fonts and not matching the rest of the material design ethos.
5. Sidebar fonts too small - fixed this by increasing all global font sizes by 1.
6. Footer design seems weird - to have the social icons and then have the theme select bar underneath that results in an oversized footer

So far, very good - but be good to see a bit more polish.

On point #1 that you brought up if I'm not mistaken that's how material design is. Perfect example the same design concept is used in a version of Android and the add new contact button is like that as well as new text.

Yeah on Android it's typically in the bottom right hand corner. That's why it looks odd on a bigger area cause people aren't used to it.

4. Lack of styling for first party add-ons - The media Gallery have bolded fonts and not matching the rest of the material design ethos.
5. Sidebar fonts too small - fixed this by increasing all global font sizes by 1.
I also posted a similar suggestion for RM and XFMG interface
Stying for Media Gallery thumbnails, media view page, and sidebar blocks should be improved, same goes to RM. This is not the case only with this style but usually almost all styles focus on designing the forum list, threads but they do not do anything special for official add-ons. It would be great if we see a style that do something special for RM and Media Gallery as well. Consider offering a similar interface (like forum list) for RM, that would make this style even more great :)
I really hope to see a Material interface for both official add-ons.

Top Bottom