• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Massive pruning or possible importing a second time?

jonsidneyb

Lets say I wanted to remove all posts and and members except for myself and re-import everything again, can that be done somehow?

Maybe this is possible instead. Lets say I have imported everything but the old forum is still active, can a second import be done that brings things up to date be done?

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
There aren't good tools for mass pruning right now. And there is no such thing as an 'update import' that brings an old import up-to-date with new content.

Is this a test environment that you want to take live? I recommend doing a full import from scratch when you are ready to go live, as opposed to building onto your test environment. The test environment works best as a point of reference once you are ready to do the final import. It is usually cleaner and easier this way.

jonsidneyb

There aren't good tools for mass pruning right now. And there is no such thing as an 'update import' that brings an old import up-to-date with new content.

Is this a test environment that you want to take live? I recommend doing a full import from scratch when you are ready to go live, as opposed to building onto your test environment. The test environment works best as a point of reference once you are ready to do the final import. It is usually cleaner and easier this way.
Yep, that is exactly what it is. Ok, I will do it that way. I will have to take some really good notes to make sure I don't forget anything for the live forum.