MassAlert - Send custom alerts [Deleted]

Luke F

Darkimmortal submitted a new resource:

MassAlert - Send custom alerts (version 0.1.0) - Allows you to send simple messages (with or without links) as Alerts to your users by usergroup.

Description:

This addon provides a very convenient administrative tool to get a message across to your members who are more likely to read an alert than read an email or a notice.

I have found it invaluable in organising matches within my community, where only a select group of members must be targeted and where email and external communication is not as effective.

I am sure you will find plenty of uses for it :)...

Read more about this resource...

Darkimmortal updated MassAlert - Send custom alerts with a new update entry:

Version 0.1.0

Changelog:

0.1.0 (04/01/2010):
  • Added seperate table for massalerts rather than redundantly storing them in the alerts table
  • Added cron to delete unread alerts after a week
  • Fixed install bug

0.0.2 (02/01/2010):
  • Fixed not all users with primary groups being selected
  • Avatar user box now has autocomplete
  • Added check for no groups selected and empty alert message

Read the rest of this update entry...

Does the cron job for this appear in tools like the native XenForo stuff. I ask because I was wondering if it is easy to change the duration of the mass alert. Some alerts I would want to vanish if not read in as little as three days. I could run the cron manually, that wouldn't be a problem but it would be nice if I could set the duration of the alert when I sent it.

Does the cron job for this appear in tools like the native XenForo stuff. I ask because I was wondering if it is easy to change the duration of the mass alert. Some alerts I would want to vanish if not read in as little as three days. I could run the cron manually, that wouldn't be a problem but it would be nice if I could set the duration of the alert when I sent it.

That's a very good idea actually, added in 1.1.0 :)

Dark, I love this add-on, and will not mind paying for it, as long as I know that they won't auto-magically start disappearing as they did on the previous edition. We had to install 3 seperate times to get them to "refresh" or whatever the issue was. The alert would show, the balloon would appear, but there would be nothing else once hovering over "Alerts".

Are you able to verify that this was addressed?

Dark, I love this add-on, and will not mind paying for it, as long as I know that they won't auto-magically start disappearing as they did on the previous edition. We had to install 3 seperate times to get them to "refresh" or whatever the issue was. The alert would show, the balloon would appear, but there would be nothing else once hovering over "Alerts".

Are you able to verify that this was addressed?

Yes that bug is definitely fixed :)

If I buy this now will I be able to get 1.1.0 when it becomes available? :)

It's already available :)

And for future reference, you get all updates instantly via email for the lifetime of the product :)

Have you fixed the issue where you are required to reinstall this addon? I'd get it but I have to reinstall the old one every two-three weekends otherwise alerts dont show up properly.

Reading the thread it looked like it was fixed...

Have you fixed the issue where you are required to reinstall this addon? I'd get it but I have to reinstall the old one every two-three weekends otherwise alerts dont show up properly.

Reading the thread it looked like it was fixed...

Yes it's fixed :)

Is it possible to target only a handful of users within a group, or even a single user?

Not really yet, unless you create another group with the users you want in it. Also, private messages are made, of course (for single users).

It would be great to work in conjunction with the Social Groups add-on. This way, the Social Group creator/owner can communicate with all of the members of the group.

I know that it's not ideal to offer support/compatibility with another add-on, but would be a nice touch ;)

Is it possible to target only a handful of users within a group, or even a single user?

The best approach is to create a separate group, even if only temporarily. Though for targeting very specific people like that, perhaps a private conversation would be better than an alert

I'm not ruling out a simple username targeting system at some point however :)

Top Bottom