1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mass email problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Jeffin, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

The other day I tried to mass email my members, it showed me an error. I found out that out about 3500 members only a few got the email or may be none. I got back some bounced emails. I use Google apps to power my emails so the smtp addresses etc are all from GApps. Any idea what could be wrong?

2. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Login your google Apps and check if you have received anything from google

Jeffin likes this.
  3. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

You can only send out 500 (2000 premiere edition) emails per apps account per day.

Jeffin likes this.
  4. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

Ahh. That might be the problem. Thanks. :)

5. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

Just a suggestion, but I have used Mail Chimp with good results. Cheap (Free) if the mailing list is small (Under 6000 per month) and really good prices for higher than that.

Jamie

6. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

I've actually tried out their paid version (with a mod to integrate into vb). I didn't have that many members subscribe to it because it was still separate from the forums. I might consider going back to them or try out at a later time the newsletter addon they have here.

7. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

I had forgotten about the one that was created for xF! This forum is so new, I forgot things are popping up for it so quickly!

Jamie