Mark Posts as Best Answer [Deleted]

Lets say I have a forum that's called devices, in that forum I have four prefixes: Desktop, laptop, pad, mobile. Most of the threads are discussions but once in a while a user would like to have an answer to a question.
If I understand correctly I then today have to provide a prefix Question for them to choose, if I have it set up that way. What I want is for them to be able to use the laptop prefix and then also ad a second prefix Question to the thread.
As I understand it, today you could do that when a thread is answered, make it have the original prefix "laptop" and then also "Answered". I hope you now understand what I mean.
Understand what you mean. The problem for you is that Xenforo is designed to work with one prefix. Adding a second is likely not a trivial matter.

Understand what you mean. The problem for you is that Xenforo is designed to work with one prefix. Adding a second is likely not a trivial matter.
The reason I even suggested what I suggested is that @Lior. already have fixed a second/double prefix for answered threads.
I don’t know if this is easy to fix but I think it would be in line with the double answered prefix.

Yeah, it worked the second time. Where/how do I edit the "best answer" when it's in the first message as a quote? can't find it in phrases.
Sorry about that, will phrase it in the next version.

In the meanwhile you can find the template modification with the description "Adds the best answer to the first post", look for the text Best Answer and change it to suit your needs.

I must have done something wrong because, although I have this installed, I can't figure out how to get a "Best Answer" button to pop up. I have it checked to allow marking posts in the forum as the best answer, but I don't see that option when I try to use it.

Attachments

• qa.webp
    qa.webp
    15.8 KB · Views: 10
I must have done something wrong because, although I have this installed, I can't figure out how to get a "Best Answer" button to pop up. I have it checked to allow marking posts in the forum as the best answer, but I don't see that option when I try to use it.
Can you share (a slightly larger) capture of your Best Answer options page?

Did you enable the "Mark post as best answer" permission for your usergroup?

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 8
Lior. updated Mark Posts as Best Answer with a new update entry:

New way of displaying the best answer, an option to display alternative answers, and more

Features and improvements:
  • Added a new layout for displaying the best answer. A link to the best answer is displayed under the first post. In addition, if the best answer is selected based on voting, a configurable number of alternative answers can be displayed. Thanks to Stuart Wright for financing this.
  • The per-forum setting that controls whether best answer functionality is enabled has been removed, and can now be controlled through the addon's options page using a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• The per-forum setting that controls whether best answer functionality is enabled has been removed, and can now be controlled through the addon's options page using a multi-select list.
Good job the old settings is carried :)
Note: You should rebuild your threads cache if you'd like to display alternative answers in threads that were posted before the upgrade.
This is it right? Rebuild Thread Information

Top Bottom