Mark Posts as Best Answer [Deleted]

Suggestions:
  1. field on forum display to ask a question
  2. 'open questions' tab on forum display
  3. 'browse answers' tab
  4. 'new questions' tab on the 'new posts' function.
  5. Setting to let the community choose the best answer. I don't want the thread creator to select the best answer because my community knows best.

Suggestions:
  1. field on forum display to ask a question
  2. 'open questions' tab on forum display
  3. 'browse answers' tab
  4. 'new questions' tab on the 'new posts' function.
  5. Setting to let the community choose the best answer. I don't want the thread creator to select the best answer because my community knows best.
Number 5 is a different add-on.

Number 5 is a different add-on.
How so? imho he pretty much refer to to this mod.
In fact it is a very good idea. having the thread creator to mark the "Best Answer" is a waste.
The whole point is that there is a community and one asks for the other, the other learn from it. therefor the best ideal would be to allow non-thread creators to vote.

According to the current mod, when I set "moderators" to vote only, that means that even thread creator wont be able to vote to their own thread. that's like disallowing 99% of the community to vote.. o_O

It's different since:
1. Voting system is more complex than just choosing a "best answer" by OP. Thus, it's not a feature request, but a redesign request. You are asking "please build me another add-on in the current one".
2. It contradicts with the entire "Like" system (or reputation system if you have Luke's add-on)
3. People these days don't really care, so they don't vote. Then you will end up with bunch of unanswered/unmarked threads, then what? then you will give the OP an option to pick the best answer?

Last edited:
It's different since:
1. Voting system is more complex then just setting a "best answer" by OP. Thus, it's not a feature request, but a redesign request. You are asking "please build me another add-on in the current one".
2. It contradicts with the entire "Like" system (or reputation system if you have Luke's add-on)
3. People these days don't really care, so they don't vote. Then you will end up with bunch of unanswered/unmarked threads, then what? then you will give the OP an option to pick the best answer?

I simply don't agree with that.
1. If this is a re-design then that's for the @op to the decide whether he want to upgrade the current mod or to create a new one, 2.0 version.
2. There is a big difference between "Best Answer" to like or reputation. you can simply "Like" a post, but you don't consider it as the best answer. and reputation is overall had nothing to do with both..
3. I have no idea based on what you're announcing that "peoples this days don't care", I personally know many that does vote, in fact besides stackoverflow, most of the "Best Answer" websites works this way..

I simply don't agree with that.
1. If this is a re-design then that's for the @op to the decide whether he want to upgrade the current mod or to create a new one, 2.0 version.
2. There is a big difference between "Best Answer" to like or reputation. you can simply "Like" a post, but you don't consider it as the best answer. and reputation is overall had nothing to do with both..
3. I have no idea based on what you're announcing that "peoples this days don't care", I personally know many that does vote, in fact besides stackoverflow, most of the "Best Answer" websites works this way..
There is a big difference between "best answer" websites that are designed just for that to a forum.

There is a big difference between "best answer" websites that are designed just for that to a forum.
This is why you have permissions, you can set up this mod on a specific forums that related to this niche.

But you know what,
Let's sum it up, best idea would be that Lior will allow in the mod-settings to either have 1 Vote or multiple votes (in order to locate the best answer at top) and at the same time, to let you either allow thread-opener to vote or every one (with the proper permission)

Actually both just offer discussion threads. There is not so much difference. I guess it just depends on the kind of website you have.
Adding a voting function for the best answer is not rocket science so I don't see why this feature could not be added to this addon if the author wants to.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I purchased this, downloaded, update was released and am being prompted to purchase again.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I purchased this, downloaded, update was released and am being prompted to purchase again.
An update email was supposed to be sent, have you not received it?

Anyway, you can always use the link you've received when you first purchased the add-on, it contains the latest version.

I can't find any email at all other then the discussion updates.

The only other e-mail I have is the one from paypal confirming the purchase.

I can't find any email at all other then the discussion updates.

The only other e-mail I have is the one from paypal confirming the purchase.
It should send it to your email, check spam or some thing.
I ordered and it works pretty well.

@jmurrayhead @Alexey.P @Alfa1 I've decided to add a voting based option. Do you think each message should show the number of people marked it as best answer? Or just have the best answer highlighted, without showing any info about the actual votes?

@jmurrayhead @Alexey.P @Alfa1 I've decided to add a voting based option. Do you think each message should show the number of people marked it as best answer? Or just have the best answer highlighted, without showing any info about the actual votes?
Hello Lior, that's indeed great news.

1. The best answer should be highlighted indeed (as it is now, with the different background etc).
2. To show the number of peoples that marked or not to show, maybe put that as an option for the admin to choose ? you can list few options, and every one will setup his own.

I personally will want to have it some where, that "X members marked this reply as the Best Answer". makes a lot of sense

How will the two options coexist? Will the author have option to select the best answer AND the community will get to vote the best answer? If a user has selected a best answer will he be able to change his choice, if yes then how?

Top Bottom