Duplicate Mark Forum as Read

Pereira

Apologies if this is already present in the software.

When reading forums I always like to make sure I have read the important topics. Some forums I am not interested in so I like to "Mark forums as read" from the main forum index. This saves a load of time and helps us focus on what we want to read.

It would be possible to have this image clickable so once double clicked, it marks the forum as read:

Capture.webp

It would be good to have "Mark topics as read" in topic view as well but it's not important as having it in the main forum index in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'd like to go further and make the Mark as Read permanent until I double click again.
That would remove this forum from my What's New.
Otherwise What's New gets cluttered with all kinds of stuff which I have to scan through again and again but I already know I checked it and don't want to read it.

I think this would help user participation a lot. Clutter is daunting and irritating. People feel lost and confused - usually far more easily than we do as they don't spend so much time on how forums work. That means driftaway.

Actually I'd like checkboxes on the left wherever there is a forum list - a node list, or What's New or wherever. Then I can go tick tick tick and quickly clean up my personal selection with Mark as Read permanently until I reopen it.

One day I'd like priority stars - searchable.
star1 - action!
star2 my favourites no action required.
star2 possibles might develop interest later.
star4 forget it - Hide.

This topic is a duplicate - been discussed many times.
Double clicking is becoming extinct. Tablets and many touch screen devices don't have double clicking.

One thing is not clear for me is ...
View attachment 23188

Is this site wide Mark Forums Read ? or just this forum ?

I just realised a pop up comes up for the specific forum you're in and a site wide option. You can then choose either one or both. This should be made clearer in my opinion.

I'd like to go further and make the Mark as Read permanent until I double click again.
That would remove this forum from my What's New.
Otherwise What's New gets cluttered with all kinds of stuff which I have to scan through again and again but I already know I checked it and don't want to read it.

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...-from-the-whats-new-search-results-page.3161/
xenforo-mark-read-from-new-posts-option1-skip-jpg.3046

I'm sure someone could make it look nicer than that.
But I'd love just having my mouse in once location.
click [X] and that post AJAX disappears ... and you are ready to click [X] again if you don't like the thread title :)

Not really Digdoc - as soon as new content arrives it'll throw itself at you again as Unread.
That's why I added your earlier idea of
having checkboxes for speed, but they set a thread to Read as permanent. That Hides them from What's New

What's New I find more and more useless for this reason. So it's really on a busy forum like here that it's needed.

So I rarely do this, normally happy with add-ons; but I'm calling for this as core addition.

Top Bottom