1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manually edit thread title?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by SgtSpike, Jan 11, 2013.

1. SgtSpike

SgtSpike Member

I don't see any options to edit thread titles within a thread, so I was curious what I would have to do to manually edit a thread title? I have a popular thread that I'd like to optimize the SEO of by changing the title wording.

2. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Hi SgtSpike,

That option is within the Discussion List View.. over to the right of the thread title you will see a little "edit" link, this pops up box where you can edit the title :)

Jake Bunce and Dan like this.
  3. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

You cannot edit the thread title while viewing the thread, as you know. You must visit the thread list to edit titles. There should be an edit button (far right side) for every thread listed.

Edit - ninjad

Kim likes this.
  4. SgtSpike

SgtSpike Member

Wow, how did I not see this before? Thanks for setting me straight!

5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Screen shot 2013-01-10 at 6.28.10 PM.png

Kim and Dan like this.
  6. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Well lookey there. Learn something new everyday.

7. Alexey.P

Alexey.P Member

I don't understand why we simply can't have it at the title edit within the post edit..

8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

All of the thread tools are located in the dropdown.

Having an addition Edit Title link in the first post only would be inconsistent.

9. Syndol

Syndol Guest

There is a paid add-on that does that.

10. Alexey.P

Alexey.P Member

Can you direct me to this add-on?

11. Linda Lee

Linda Lee Member

Where is this located. (the thread list and the image where he showed how to edit the title) I have looked everywhere and I cannot find it. I am logged in as the admin and I cannot see it in the admin panel and it is not on my menu for the normal forum overview.

12. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

13. Linda Lee

Linda Lee Member

I cannot find this.
    It is not on my admin section nor on my normal view of the forum.
    How do I get to this?
    I have no thread tools section I can find.

14. Brogan

Functions such as that are moderator specific, rather than administrator.

Ensure you have promoted yourself as a moderator and have the necessary permissions.

Use the Analyze Permissions function to determine what your full permission set is.

Ensure you haven't used Never for any permission for any user group you are a member of.

15. Linda Lee

Linda Lee Member

Where is the Analyze Permissions function located?
    I gave myself full permissions on all moderator functions and I still do not see that section.

16. Brogan

In the Users menu.

upload_2014-5-14_16-56-40.png

17. Linda Lee

Linda Lee Member

Everything says yes or unlimited for myself. Where is that thread section located usually? I really cannot find it. I am frustrated.

18. PRODOS

PRODOS Member

Greetings Linda,

I was having difficulty figuring out how to change the thread title and where exactly to locate this mysterious "Thread Tools" thing that all of London was talking about.
    Some had seen it, described it, even photographed it ... but ... but ...

Anyway, in case it's helpful to you or anyone else, here is a screenshot of exactly where to find that drop-down thingamajig mentioned by Jake Bunce. i.e. "Thread Tools" ...

Where to find Thread Tools.png

PS: As Admin I didn't need to make any changes to the Permissions within the Admin Control Panel.

PPS: Typo in screenshot image. It's not a "Thread Toos" ... it's a "Thread Tools". Oops!

Best Wishes,

PRODOS