Make the member list inaccessible to guests

Make the member list inaccessible to guests

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Brogan submitted a new resource:

Make the member list inaccessible to guests (version 1.0) - Stop those pesky guests and bots from checking out your members.

I've been asked this a few times now (via Conversation), so rather than reply individually each time, I've decided to post the template modification so others can make use of it if they wish.

Open the member_list template.

Look for this line near the top:
Code:
<xen:h1>{xen:phrase registered_members}</xen:h1>

Directly after add this:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">

So it looks like this:
Code:
<xen:h1>{xen:phrase registered_members}</xen:h1>
<xen:if...

Read more about this resource...

Brogan, how would I go about making the Highest Posting Members and Newest Members from the Members page, disappear aswell?

For everyone?
Comment out the two blocks in the template using <xen:comment>...</xen:comment>

Wrap the blocks in the logged in member conditional: <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">...</xen:if>

When I get some free time, I'll create a proper add-on with permission enabled access.

I tried these suggested changes to member_list template and on the log in screen if a guest clicks on members, a members list shows up. Also if members online is clicked a members list shows up.
I would like to have complete members privacy from guests. Unless someone is registered they should not have access to users lists or their profile information.
@Brogan
When I get some free time, I'll create a proper add-on with permission enabled access.
Is this proposed add-on still in the works?

Top Bottom