Mac OS X Lion

I've gone ahead and invested in Lion, not regretting it. I've upgraded it to Server edition.
I haven't run into a program yet that wouldn't open.

Oh and check if you have anything using PPC code before upgrading as it won't work at all. I think CS3 falls into this category according to a few reports but I've not checked that myself.

Thanks. I just want to make sure my photoshop elements 9 works with it and see if it was worth the upgrade if I don't currently us a trackpad.

I'm worried about programs not working.
I have a bunch of Adobe programs that don't wish to upgrade.
I know Quicken won't work. For that I'll get a windows version.

Just installed and the first setting I changed was Scroll direction: Natural, Seriously would anyone use that ?
Hmm where is my server admin icon I wonder, Looks like I need some time to fiddle and adjust to the new layout

I still use Office 2004. From what I read, it won't work.
I need to use Office for work and am not looking to upgrade since my Mac is not a company computer.

Anyone using? What are your thoughts? What pointing device are you using? Program incompatibilities?
I installed it on my laptop yesterday, first impression: so far so good. I like it, I haven't run into any major compatibility problems, the only real complaint I have at the moment is Launch Pad... it's a bit of a yawn, I don't really see any practical use for it, the application menu on the dock is easier to use IMO. :)

I installed it on my laptop yesterday, first impression: so far so good. I like it, I haven't run into any major compatibility problems, the only real complaint I have at the moment is Launch Pad... it's a bit of a yawn, I don't really see any practical use for it, the application menu on the dock is easier to use IMO. :)
That's not a complaint though .. that's just an icon you drag out of the dock and let go, .. to make it go away. You don't have to use it.

Just found this tip at http://www.retrotechs.net/?p=1581

Method 2: Check multiple apps with System Profiler

1. Go to the Apple Menu and select "About this Mac."
  2. Near the bottom of the "About this Mac" window which appears, click the "More Info" button.
  3. A new window will open: This is the "System Profiler" application. On the left side, go to "Software" and select "Applications." There you can see a list of all of the Apps on your Mac, and check to see if they are PowerPC, Universal or Intel.
For example, this Mac has Microsoft Office 2008 (version 12, Universal) and 2011 (version 14, Intel). Both of them should run with OS X 10.7, although there are no guarantees. Since Office 2008 isn't as new, it probably isn't tested as rigorously for compatibility with the new OS. If there are any significant issues found with Office 2011, they are more likely to be resolved quickly.
PowerPC - not OK
Universal - should be OK
Intel - OK

added
So so far it looks like Quicken, Office 2004, Photoshop CS3, Adobe Golive, BBEdit won't work.
I'll have to get used to Dreamweaver.

Top Bottom